• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PO from MReplica

thicklove

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/09
New UPO from MReplica

Got my confirmation photos. Here it is being regulated. Can anyone chime in on how this machine works to regulate the timing?

What's great about MR, is that he is very communicative throughout the process. It's a nice quality when you're doing business over email.

The watch isn't 1:1, especially the pearl and logo on the dial, but for the amount paid, I can't complain. It looks to be the closest version out there.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
That is telling you it is "beating" at 28.8k. Also, it is running at +2 seconds every 24 hours in that position......which is pretty good!

thicklove

29/8/09
That is telling you it is "beating" at 28.8k. Also, it is running at +2 seconds every 24 hours in that position......which is pretty good!

Thanks, but any insight on how the machine can know that type of information? Is the case open?

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
This is how I understand it----
It picks up the beat or ticking of the watch acoustically. ( Kinda like a stehocscope for watches) I don't think the case back needs to be open. It then analyzes that information and displays it. The device pictured is a standard tool used by many watchmakers and dealers.

thicklove

29/8/09
This is how I understand it----
It picks up the beat or ticking of the watch acoustically. ( Kinda like a stehocscope for watches) I don't think the case back needs to be open. It then analyzes that information and displays it. The device pictured is a standard tool used by many watchmakers and dealers.

Wow, that makes sense. Seems pretty amazing it can tell all that information from listening to it.

parryl

27/2/09
thanks . dont worry about the logo .

the peal looks ok . post some new photos when its arrivals ?

thanks

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
+2sec per day is AWESOME! Rolex would be quite pleased with that.
As an overall score yes they would but just remember that is one position, not the average of all five positions that is the COSOC score. Still not to be snezed at mind you but the overall score would be higher. Fair chance it would be close or within COSOC tho.

thicklove: The machine does not regulate the watch, it checks the regulation by counting and timeing "ticks"
You still regulate by hand in the usual way, the machine just displays the results.

Col.

thicklove

29/8/09
Trailboss99: okay, thanks for the info.

Q5: yes

What does everyone think of it?

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Trailboss99: okay, thanks for the info.

Q5: yes

What does everyone think of it?

I think the watch timer is quite cool! :)

The watch-

1. The gaps where the endlinks meet the case/lugs are a little wide.....I think CBR mentioned this in one of your other posts.
2. The pearl isn't great.

Other than that, it looks OK. If it hasn't shipped yet, ask MR to look for one with a better "fit" on the endlinks.

robbnj

11/6/09
I remember seeing a thread somewhere (damned if I can find it now) that you can do this with a (very) sensitive microphone plugged into your PC.

I guess you just need to know how to interpret the acoustic waveform that it wpuld pick up...

Jimster

25/1/07
The HE valve is in the correct place and not aligned with the ten marker.
That's a big mistake in all the new 42mm PO's. Looks good!
Jim

thicklove

29/8/09
I think the watch timer is quite cool! :)

The watch-

1. The gaps where the endlinks meet the case/lugs are a little wide.....I think CBR mentioned this in one of your other posts.
2. The pearl isn't great.

Other than that, it looks OK. If it hasn't shipped yet, ask MR to look for one with a better "fit" on the endlinks.

1. The gaps might look big because the photo is about 30x enlarged then what it will really be. Yes there are gaps, but it might look worse then it actually is because of the size of the photo. That's what I'm counting on at least...

2. The pearl isn't great... I agree. I'm hoping it's like looking at a zit up close on a hot model. Sure if you focus on the zit without seeing the whole picture it's nasty. Step back and take in the whole picture and you realize it's quite beautiful.

Lastly, it's been shipped already, and to be honest, I don't think looking through the factory's inventory is going to turn up anything significantly better. The original sample shots he sent me were pretty much the same.