• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Planet Ocean shot

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Third day in a flu, not working and too much time on my hands... so I've shot a few new watch photos.

Here's a new PO 4th Gen shot. Hope you like it. I haven't really photoshooted this watch since I got it and reviewed it. The appeal of this watch is still strong for me and it's one of my all-time favourites.

Poo.jpg

swfla

Known Member
16/3/06
Nice shot. It's a really nice watch. Compared it at the AD, not much difference to me :) BTW I've seen a few comments about the diver's extention link popping loose. All you need to do is insert a full size srewdriver in the slot of the extension and give it a few taps to spread it wider. I actually had this same problem on my gen SMP years ago 8)

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
My diver's extension has never popped loose. The biggest flaw on this watch is where the bracelet connects to the clasp (there's a gap).

But as usual it doesn't bother me much. I always just wear these beauties... and live with the flaws. Genuine bracelet would be an excellent upgrade though.

maxse

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/11/06
this watch is starting to grow on me. Might have to add this to my non-existant collection at some time. Any1 have a clue when we can expect a 5th gen PO approx? Im a newbie so have no idea how often these things usually get updated. I would like them to fix the pearl, and also the bracelet without us having to spend an extra $100 for a new one. And also for therm to get the Blue AR coating right (Not sure if this is fixed already).

mystix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/06
Is the 4th gen the best? There seems to be a premium over the current 6th.

Whats the difference?

gioarmani7428

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/06
Damn--that's really growing on me...I'm seriously thinking about getting a Josh PO.

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I just bought a 45.5mm PO no chronos from Joshua, cant wait to get it .....now the waiting begins......again :cry:

ThumbModds

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/06
I had a first gen of the PO and loved it wore it all the time in fact I hope that Trusty and Josh don't run out of them before I have the funds to buy one.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well... The 6th gen only exists in 45mm... which has the quality nowhere near the 4th gen 42.5mm.. Excellent shot ByTor... Don't get addicted modifying it.

manydivers

Known Member
16/8/06
By-Tor said:
The biggest flaw on this watch is where the bracelet connects to the clasp (there's a gap).

Hi,

You need to bend (shorten) the central spar of the clasp if its the
side that normally opens. Not much you can do with the divers side.

I found a hammer via a block of wood works, bending the U section.

:)/sreten.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
the problem with the U section on the hinge is that the metal is of such poor quality on the 4th gens that you can bend that U by hand ( ok at least on mine I can ) I have a spare bracelet I have been meaning to swap the hinge assy into my forth gen to fix this problem but I haven't done it yet.

hehe and I'll bet takashi is speaking from personal experience :wink: