• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Omega Speedmaster arrived with no rotor screw.

mike099

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/09
I just received my very first rep, an Omega Speedmaster with a high beat Asian 7751 movement from Angus at Puretimewatch.com. The watch looks amazing, only problem is that it rattles terribly. Following the advice on this forum I opened the case back to see if the rotor screw was loose. Much to my surprise, the rotor was not screwed in at all, and was just floating in the watch. I looked everywhere I could see inside the movement, and I couldn't see a loose screw anywhere.

I'd prefer not to have to send it back to Angus and wait another month before having the watch. Does anyone know where I can get another screw that will fit?

Has this happened to anyone else?

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Yes, it happened to me. Luckily I was able to spot the extremely small screw before it fell on the floor. I would guess that your screw is on the floor, or inside the movement. With the rotor of give it a gentle shake over a dark colored cloth and see if it falls out.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Not that big an issue, if you don't find the screw ask Angus to send you one or a new rotor and in the meantime wind the watch manually as if it were a Speedy pro. :wink:

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
Do not listen to guanaco on this one... do not wind a 7750 movement continually... you could strip the gears...

I may have one lying around.... where are you located?

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
D'oh! Sorry about that, I forgot the A775X's are prone to death by manually winding them too much. Talk about a brain fart!

mike099

13/2/09
Well I took the rotor out, and wound it up about ten twists. (Dangerous, I know) The watch started working, and then I put the watch down on the desk, and it stopped working. Now I can't seem to get it started again. Could this be because the rotor is out, or do I have another problem?

I'm starting to think this will need to go back to Angus.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Sounds like you found out where the screw is. If you don't want to deal with sending it back maybe you should take it to a watch shop or send it off to one of the forum repair guys.

mike099

13/2/09
I think that is exactly what has happened. Can anyone recommend a good watch repairer that can work on a 7750? Either local or on the forums?

Thanks.