• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Omega PO 45mm Keeps stopping

rogerwine

Renowned Member
10/7/06
Yesterday I received a PO 45mm from Ruby and It will not continue to run . It has a swiss movement and I have wond it and done the 3 minute shake and it runs well for about 1 hour and then starts losing time and then finally stop atogeather. I will wind it some more and then do the shake and it is fine for 1 hour + and then it starts losing time and then stops. I think the movement is flawed and the watch needs to be replaced. What do you all think?
rogerwine

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
Yeah roger it's "time" :D to shoot Ruby an email and see what options she gives you. Be courteous!!!!!!!! Bet she makes everyrhing right!!!!!!! :wink:

Higgy 8)

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
rogerwine said:
Yesterday I received a PO 45mm from Ruby and It will not continue to run . It has a swiss movement and I have wond it and done the 3 minute shake and it runs well for about 1 hour and then starts losing time and then finally stop atogeather. I will wind it some more and then do the shake and it is fine for 1 hour + and then it starts losing time and then stops. I think the movement is flawed and the watch needs to be replaced. What do you all think?
rogerwine

If you are having a problem with a watch, the best thing to do is to contact your dealer. I have never dealt with Ruby, but I have heard nothing but good, and I can say with all due certainty that she will do what is required to make you happy.

sash5

Known Member
6/9/06
hi.. it is rare for watch to stop after winding for 3mins... but if you faced this problem, my advice for you its to place it in a watch winder and wind it for 24hrs.. if you do not have one, i suggest wearing it for a whole day and use your hand movement to keep winding the watch... this can be cause by new movement not being seasoned or not lub properly...

just my 2 cents.. :)

cheers

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
sash5 said:
hi.. it is rare for watch to stop after winding for 3mins... but if you faced this problem, my advice for you its to place it in a watch winder and wind it for 24hrs.. if you do not have one, i suggest wearing it for a whole day and use your hand movement to keep winding the watch... this can be cause by new movement not being seasoned or not lub properly...

just my 2 cents.. :)

cheers
exactly, send her a e-mail and tell her what it is doing and tell her you are thinking about wearing it all day to see if it corrects it's self. she may want you to send it back now. what ever the case she will take care of it.

rogerwine

Renowned Member
10/7/06
Thanks all. was just wondering if I was doing something wrong. I know with the 7750 movement you must wind plus shake and make sure the movement has a lot of energy. But with this automovement I am not quite sure how much energy it needs. I have been wearing it for about 13 hours now and shakeing my arm like I have some sort of affliction and trying to keep track of whats happening, but like a watched pot it will not boil when I'm looking at it. I have no doubt that Ruby will respond positively, but I do not want to over react before I am sure something is wrong with the movement. Other then this issue this PO is mind boggling in the fit and finish weight, band and everything else. It is easy to forget that this is a replica. Once again, the help that is offered here, on the darkside is really incredible. I really appreciate everyones assistance and advice.
rogerwine

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
rogerwine said:
Thanks all. was just wondering if I was doing something wrong. I know with the 7750 movement you must wind plus shake and make sure the movement has a lot of energy. But with this automovement I am not quite sure how much energy it needs. I have been wearing it for about 13 hours now and shakeing my arm like I have some sort of affliction and trying to keep track of whats happening, but like a watched pot it will not boil when I'm looking at it. I have no doubt that Ruby will respond positively, but I do not want to over react before I am sure something is wrong with the movement. Other then this issue this PO is mind boggling in the fit and finish weight, band and everything else. It is easy to forget that this is a replica. Once again, the help that is offered here, on the darkside is really incredible. I really appreciate everyones assistance and advice.
rogerwine

Glad to be of some help. Actually, it should only take about 30 - 45 seconds of hand winding to charge a working movement. Of course, some of the rep movements do need to have their luricants spread around, but that should happen with just wearing the watch and keeping it running for a few days. In the case of a chrono, you should run the chrono for a few days too.

rmoorez

Known Member
6/4/06
I had the same issue on the Pam 092 I got from River. I sent an email and was told to wind it 24 times and wear it. Same problem. Another email and I was told to send it back and it would be replaced. I decided to stick it on a winder for a couple of days and see what happened. Guess what...Runs perfect now. I guess it just needed a break-in. I'm sure glad I didn't send it back.

rogerwine

Renowned Member
10/7/06
Sent it Back

Well I got a reply from Ruby. She said if there is a problem with the movement send it back. And I was able to this morning at the local UPS store. I wore it all night and it was DOA this morning. No matter what I did it would run for several minutes and then stop. Dang, that is a nice watch. It is really well done. I can't wait to get a replacement.
rogerwine