• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Omega PO $29.99

chibiunko

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/5/11
I got it yesterday from Silix and Put it on a New Zulu strap.
Tell me what you guys think.. not bad for 30 bucks.

img20111220175912.jpg

img20111220175645.jpg

img20111220175603.jpg

img20111220104115.jpg

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Darn good deal for the price, nice strap!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
At that price it's great!

+1 on the strap, nice.

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
had one on order from her for the past 4 months hopefully ill get it soon !!!

PhotoGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/11
I've had mine for about a month and runs like a champ! I regulated it to +/- 1 sec a day (LOTS of trial and error to get this) and I love it. Down side is the power reserve, but I just give it a wind or shake every so often when I'm not wearing it and it's good to go.

D

d4m.test

You did well, C. with your Silix purchase. Looks great, and as the other members said: what a great strap!! Really makes the watch very attractive!

dave

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
I got my Silix order today. I ordered the 42mm PO that they were calling a Speedmaster, the 45mm PO, and the blue Sub. (All $29.99/ea.) I'm a bit annoyed with them because on the QC pics it looked like the pearl did not line up with the 12 hour marker on the 42mm PO/Seamaster. I asked them about it and they said:

"For the OME138 , bezel is turned one click ,so you can change the pearl to any place."

Well, not really. It stops before 12 or after 12! How hard is it to fix this? Also, the date doesn't line up with the date window. It has a PO dial, a Speedmaster case back, and a Speedmaster bracelet.

The bezel doesn't line up either on the 45mm PO. Also, mentioned by someone else my strap is marked "Seamastei". I actually find that detail a little charming. :)

The blue dial sub is actually the best of the bunch out of the box IMO but the $55 LV Sub from Timeshops is even better (better for the money IMO as the bracelet is better).

I do realize that at $29.99 this was an experiment but it's annoying when you point something out and they tell you that it's fine and send the watch anyway. Oh well, it sure pushes me towards working with other dealers for my next purchase.

PhotoGuy

26/10/11
Well, not really. It stops before 12 or after 12! How hard is it to fix this? Also, the date doesn't line up with the date window. It has a PO dial, a Speedmaster case back, and a Speedmaster bracelet.

The bezel doesn't line up either on the 45mm PO. Also, mentioned by someone else my strap is marked "Seamastei". I actually find that detail a little charming. :)

Well, just go buy a gen, it will line up perfectly :) Mine is about 1/2 click off. To be honest, I've gotten plenty of compliments on it. I bought a MARATAC black with orange stitching (20mm for the Silix special NOT 22mm as per other models) and it looks top notch.. and is rather comfortable to boot. No one can call me out on a mispelling if there are no words on the strap.

I do realize that at $29.99 this was an experiment but it's annoying when you point something out and they tell you that it's fine and send the watch anyway. Oh well, it sure pushes me towards working with other dealers for my next purchase.

This is a case of you get what you pay. To be honest, I've yet to see any gen watches in the $29 neighborhood that look as cool AND are automatic. Wear it in good health.

rld14

5/11/11
This is a case of you get what you pay. To be honest, I've yet to see any gen watches in the $29 neighborhood that look as cool AND are automatic. Wear it in good health.

Yup!

I have one of these. It's $30... For $30 it's a LOT of watch. Swatches cost more than $30.

When I was in grade school.

In 1985.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
You guys can defend them all you want. It's not that I expected these to be so incredibly awesome for $30. I mean what's the point of sending QC pics (taken while the watch is wrapped in plastic), saying everything is perfect when a flaw is pointed out, and then sending the flawed watches? The whole QC process is then just a charade. I bet we all got the same QC pics anyway!

I'd just be happier with Silix if they just stated up front that these watches are being blown out at this price because of quality issues.

ademarco

24/12/11
I got one of these in Thailand, but it was $100. I think it has the 21J, but has the best power reserve out of the bunch that I bought. Got 2 tag day/dates and the power reserve blows. Maybe they have different 21J movements.

I had them take the bracelet off and put on the black leather with orange stitching and deployant. I noticed the difference in mine compared to yours is that my lume is cream/green color and yours looks white in the photo. Buying the rep almost convinced me to get the new 9300 cal POC.