• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New member with Ploprof rep

nick_sixx

Getting To Know The Place
19/8/12
Hey guys,

New to the whole rep world but I'm very happy with my first decent rep - an Omega Ploprof.

I own a gen PO 2500 in the 42mm size and was looking for something a little more bold for casual wear.

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with different versions of reps, and if they could tell me a little more about the watch...

3ce2524f-a77b-bfdd.jpg

3ce2524f-a791-0fb7.jpg

3ce2524f-a79b-854d.jpg

3ce2524f-a7a7-db5f.jpg

The watch came on the rubber with deployment clasp but I prefer the mesh so I added my own.

The watch apparently has a Casio movement but I didn't think that Casio made too many auto movements?

Unsure of the frequency but appears to be about 5 beats per second. Does anyone know if a seiko nh35a movement would fit?

What is the likelihood of me being able to waterproof the case?

Thanks in advance

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Tough to tell what kind of crystal this has with it. Some of the early ones came with laminated crystals which fog and separate when exposed to water. I suspect that this has the one piece caseback, do you have to push the orange button to turn the bezel?

Tough also to tell if the dial has the clown feet logo, which would be wrong. You could swap a different movement into it for a higher beat. As far as making it water resistant, greasing up the caseback ring and crown o-ring is about as much as you can do besides making sure the crystal is pressed properly.

nick_sixx

19/8/12
You do not have to push the button to move the crown, the crystal is sapphire and the bezel is lumed, the logo is non-happy feet (ie flat along the top of the feet - same as my PO), and I'm 60% sure it's a 2-piece case back.

Not sure how much of this info helps!

nick_sixx

19/8/12
Does anyone know what sort of movements would be likely to fit? The current one is running about 2-3 min a day slow which is pretty bad

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
You have a V1.5 >>>>

Almost certainly equipped with a very reliable Asian 21j movement....
The serial # is the same as all of the 1.5's I've seen, and the lack of notches in the back of the case lugs confirms it.
One of the best advantages of this model is the fact that no reluming is necessary, since it has excellent lume to begin with...
I have owned one just like it for @ 18 months now with no problems at all...
Enjoy it, and wear it in good health!!:cheers::cheers:

JC7

Respected Member
15/6/10
lume on the bezel looks good.. appears to be white not grey. :thinking:

nick_sixx

19/8/12
I've read that the V1 reps have an issue with crystal delamination.

I recently ran the watch lightly under warm water to clean some honey that had got smeared into the bezel mechanism, and now there is a patch of 'rainbow' smudging around the very edge of the crystal. It isn't hazy, just looks like how oil looks in sunlight.

Does this sound like delamination? And is it repairable? I am going to attempt to up the water resistance on this watch by sealing the crystal with UV adhesive and silicone grease on the seals. Should I attempt to return the crystal to its normal clear state during this process?

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Sounds like it's delaminating..>>

The "Official Ploprof" thread in this section has a lot of info about fixing it ...It would be worth your while to read it...

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Looks like v1.5 with one piece caseback and asian 21j.

Cure the bazel, get it re-lumed and results it, well look below :)

Here is mine Ultime Plo with confirmed Swiss ETA

plo.jpg

Freshly re-lumed by Domi the other day, can't believe it took me so long to fix the greyish numbers on basel!! Now I can't take it off!

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
The V 1.5 bezel needs no "fix".>>>

Looks like v1.5 with one piece caseback and asian 21j.

Cure the bazel, get it re-lumed and results it, well look below :)

Here is mine Ultime Plo with confirmed Swiss ETA

plo.jpg

Freshly re-lumed by Domi the other day, can't believe it took me so long to fix the greyish numbers on basel!! Now I can't take it off!

It comes almost snow white!!!:lol::lol:

nick_sixx

19/8/12
jegady6u.jpg

y9ade7ar.jpg

Here are some pictures of the movement. Can anyone tell me what type this is? I assume it's an Asian copy.

The watch is extremely inaccurate, losing about 4-5 mins per day. How should I go about fixing this?

nick_sixx

19/8/12
Bought the higher beating equivalent movement today because I broke the mainspring trying to adjust/regulate the watch myself :(

Hopefully the new movement will be a little more accurate.

I've tried searching but can't find anything recent: has there been a solution as to where to get a crystal that will fit this watch?

Should I try to replace the movement myself? Or take it to a watchmaker?