• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Member - Hello all

Weediv

Getting To Know The Place
4/8/22
Hi everyone. I’ve been reading through the forums the last week or so. I’m trying to educate myself a bit before I make a rash purchase and regret it. I’ve read the advice for new members which was helpful and now I’m doing some research on trusted dealers before ultimately attempting to source an omega seamaster planet ocean. Still not really sure where to start. But hopefully it will all go smoothly. Thanks to everyone who posted advice for newcomers

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
With regard to buying a replica watch, just need to do some research and have patience, lots of patience :ROFLMAO:

Process is sequential:
  1. Choose the watch
  2. Choose the factory/version
  3. Choose the TD (24 to choose from)*
  4. Send payment
  5. Approve the QC photos
  6. Wait
*Regarding TDs, my advice would be to check shipping costs and also their first order refund/replace policy, in the case of customs seizure/loss, as not all cover it.

Also, note that if you pay by credit card (not really recommended tbh) there are reports of additional bank processing charges with some TDs (not by the TDs, but your bank etc).

My advice would be to make sure you have read all the stickied threads in the FAQ section, before doing anything as they will explain the process end to end, letting you know what you can expect / not expect

Best of luck with your order(s) and enjoy exploring the forum.

Reactions: Weediv

Weediv

4/8/22
With regard to buying a replica watch, just need to do some research and have patience, lots of patience :ROFLMAO:

Process is sequential:
  1. Choose the watch
  2. Choose the factory/version
  3. Choose the TD (24 to choose from)*
  4. Send payment
  5. Approve the QC photos
  6. Wait
*Regarding TDs, my advice would be to check shipping costs and also their first order refund/replace policy, in the case of customs seizure/loss, as not all cover it.

Also, note that if you pay by credit card (not really recommended tbh) there are reports of additional bank processing charges with some TDs (not by the TDs, but your bank etc).

My advice would be to make sure you have read all the stickied threads in the FAQ section, before doing anything as they will explain the process end to end, letting you know what you can expect / not expect

Best of luck with your order(s) and enjoy exploring the forum.
Thanks for all the advice there. It’s quite a complex affair😂 how do I choose factory version etc. I have a good idea what TD so would use and the watch I want. I see that PayPal is not an option. What is the normal payment option you would recommend? Many thanks again from Scotland

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks for all the advice there. It’s quite a complex affair😂 how do I choose factory version etc. I have a good idea what TD so would use and the watch I want. I see that PayPal is not an option. What is the normal payment option you would recommend? Many thanks again from Scotland
With regard to factory/version, depends on your budget & preference/attention to detail really.

Depending on the watch, there are normally 1 or 2 top tier models, and there will be threads discussing the minutiae, down to the font in the bezel insert for example. If you've picked the watch, use the model number to search the forum and you'll find the threads discussing it.

Excellent threads, full of very accurate information, but it's what you do with the information though. None will never be a GEN, but they will be very close. And it's what you can see / unsee will make this decision for you.

So for example, if you look at the Sub No date, reference 114060, the two top contenders, I think, are Clean Factory and VSF. Each with their pros & cons. That's a decision you have to make, and it could be that option A is not actually available (factory closed etc) versus option B.

Once you have picked the TD, it'll likely be them who determine the payment method. The TD I chose for example requested Wise (similar to paypal, but less fees & better exchange rates for sender). Some also may give a discount for using payment method A versus B etc.

That's what I mean when I say, research, as each step involves a decision, by you, and the more research you do pre-purchase, the more confident you'll be in your decision, then ya just have to wait for that lovely box to arrive :)

Weediv

4/8/22
Thanks so much, for all your help. I’ll let you know how I get on and hopefully everything will go smoothly. I may come back to you with a question but feel free to ignore, I won’t be offended

Blackieray

Flâneur
Supporter
Certified
11/12/21
Near the Atlantic
I will add, that Wise, formerly Transferwise, is safe as milk. I've used it for for various amounts transferred between countries with never a hitch.

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks so much, for all your help. I’ll let you know how I get on and hopefully everything will go smoothly. I may come back to you with a question but feel free to ignore, I won’t be offended
Very welcome Sir,

Ask away & if you don't want to ask publicly on the forum, feel free to drop me a quick PM.

If I can't answer, will do my best to direct you to those far wiser than me. Because if its watch related, the answer is on here, nearly guaranteed, just have to find it :)

Best of luck & many will agree with me when I say that alot of the excitement is the hunt/chase/research, so enjoy exploring.