• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW MEMBER, EXCITED TO GET STARTED!

greghunts

Looking Around
29/8/22
Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to the watch scene and I'm excited to dive in. There are a lot of terms and intricacies that i'm starting to learn about. hI'm hoping to make my first purchase in a month or so after I better understand the nuance and difference associated with factories, movements, sellers, etc.

Thanks!

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome!
Read all the stickies in the New members area and all intricacies will be disentangled! For all the rest, feel free to ask, lots of members happy to help you out with the remaining questions.
Use only RWI'S TDs from RWI'S links, don't Google any. What Google is good though is for researching, add "...site:forum.replica-watch.info" to your query and you'll obtain lots of info from our forum.
Enjoy!

greghunts

Looking Around
29/8/22
Hi and welcome!
Read all the stickies in the New members area and all intricacies will be disentangled! For all the rest, feel free to ask, lots of members happy to help you out with the remaining questions.
Use only RWI'S TDs from RWI'S links, don't Google any. What Google is good though is for researching, add "...site:forum.replica-watch.info" to your query and you'll obtain lots of info from our forum.
Enjoy!
The google tip is going to be very helpful, thank you!

And for my first noob question, what do you mean by stickies?

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
party GIF

Reactions: greghunts

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
The google tip is going to be very helpful, thank you!

And for my first noob question, what do you mean by stickies?

When you browse a section, there's a list of threads to read. The first threads are "sticky" threads, meaning they address some useful matters and/or were written in such a way that can be used as a guide to understand different aspects of the rep game or of how this forum works and which rule and principles we stand for. That's why they've been "stickied",they are useful to learn.

Reactions: greghunts

lugnuts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/21
World traveler from Utah
Also know your wrist size, if it's bigger than 8 inches you'll probably need to purchase an extra link or larger band when buying the watch. If your under 8 inch wrist you'll be fine. Your TD will help you with that if you need larger size bands or bracelets.

LBMCK21

vita est brevis esse inhumanus
30/8/21
Uk
Welcome to RWI, loads of helpful info on here. I would recommend looking through at all the TD’s and you’ll see the different prices but it may be the same watch a black submariner for instance, the reason it’ll be priced differently is the movement,the quality, the overall finish. There’s lots to learn and have fun doing so 😊 there’s so many useful pages on here you’ll find yourself lost for hours. Good luck on your adventure