• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Malte Tonneau tourbillons

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
Just saw these on Puretime. No prices yet. I like the older one better, may inquire if they are still available even though quite pricey.

VC-2011-05-20-01-02_enl.jpg

VC-2011-05-20-01-06_enl.jpg

Compare with the Sea-Gull version, photos from Joshua obviously ;)

1.jpg

7.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
The bottom one is a flying tourbillon and the top one i'm not even sure is a tourbillon. Looks like a manual wound open heart. I could be wrong on that one. i definately agree that the older style looks better.

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
No pricing on the new ones yet. My best guess is they are a Shanghai co-axial tourbillon based on what I can see of the movement. If so they will be very, very expensive as they are probably the most costly of the Chinese tourbillons. The Minorva watches that use them are about $4,000.

The older ones are a Sea-Gull flying tourbillon, the one pictured is listed at $968 at a few dealers. Same dealers have a skeletonized version for $1488. Puretime has that same skeletonized version for $688, if he can still get it that is a bargain!

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/malte-skeleton-tourbillon-ss/

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
They're not that expensive, Minorva simply overprices everything they sell, think of them like Panerai and their Base crap. Don't take their prices seriously, they start their watch at 99 cents on eBay and usually end up selling for $500-$600 [even the $3,500 watches they sell]. I have a rep with the same central Tourbillon movement coming my way and it was $700. These movements were available on eBay a month or two ago for around $250-$300.

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
Photo of a Minorva watch built on the Shanghai movement. Lots of similarities in the movement to the new V-C, yes ?

tb93.jpg

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Same movement indeed. Everyone should have a Tourby, if you're afraid you can't pull it off then get a sterile or a Minorva, I'm sure our dealers can get you the same watches Minorva has for a much cheaper price, but then again I'm just speculating.

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
Almost all the tourby reps have had Liaoning and PTS movements, with the old style V-C above one of the few that had a Sea-Gull. It's good to see the Shanghai movements are now showing up too. Maybe it is that they had a more controlled distribution, and were seen exclusively in 'branded' watches, rather than the movements actually being too costly for use in a replica.

Agree about the Minorva, hard to believe anyone would pay the prices on their website. The rep tourbillons are nicer anyway ;)