• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New LM PO...

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
Forgive me - this is my first rep, and I only recently joined RWI!

Just received a new LM PO yesterday from Toro - much excitement!

Unpacked, and everything looked great. General thoughts:

- The crystal doesn't really have any AR on it, which was expected
- Lume isn't too great, and looks very dark/yellow in light
- End links on bracelet make the watch look ridiculous on me, unfortunately, due to my 6.5" wrist. Basically looks like the bracelet drops off 90 degrees at the top and bottom of the watch... so swapped out for leather strap w/RHD deployant - much better! May consider gen end links at some point, so I can at least make use of the beautiful bracelet...
- Apart from those items, it's a fantastic rep and just love it.

I managed to get a day's wear out of it. Then, because I was being a keener and wanted to measure the accuracy, I unscrewed the crown so I could sync with USNO time. This is where things went wrong - the crown thread felt a little gritty as it was unscrewing, but then it seemed alright (with as little pressure as possible). After an odd feeling "click" as I pulled the crown out, suddenly it all just felt weird. Can't really adjust the time, can't really adjust the date... it sort of winds, and sort of screws back down but not to the original depth against the case anymore, and I'm trying to be pretty careful and not force anything either.

As this is my first time buying a rep... what are my options? Just buy a gen crown & tube and send it all off to someone to have it repaired, or would I go back to the TD to see if anything can be done?

Thanks...

20130206231757.jpg

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
Try contacting the TD and explain the situation. See what's best to be done. In my opinion, u have the right to ask for a replacement/exchange

bee23

18/1/13
as DH86 said best option is to contact first the TD, sure they will settle this

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
Ok, emailed TD. Fingers crossed for some kind of solution, otherwise I'm gonna have to start down the franken path... which my wallet won't like!