• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New joiner from Ireland

Nick45

Do not accept unsolicited offers
30/11/22
Dublin, Ireland
Hi all! I've had a few reps over the years, but looking to move upwards now, I've heard good things about certain sites, and particularly puretimewatch.io. What's everyones take? If you're new to this like me and don't want to get scammed, what's the process? Do I order from the site and hope for the best? Or are there some tips and tricks you guys could give me? Cheers!

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
A fellow Irishman, welcome aboard Sir :)

Puretime is a TD yes, one of 24 to choose from.
Choosing a TD is an important step, one I would recommend giving some careful consideration.

Whoever you choose, once you use the email/website details from their forum page (& nowhere else), you're off to a good start.

Process is relatively simple
Pick the watch/watches
Pick the factory/version
Pick the TD
Check availability, price, shipping cost, approx timelines (noting regional lockdown at present)
Send the money
Receive QC (approve if ok)
Get tracking number & wait.

This timeline could be weeks or months depending on the popularity/scarcity of the model you choose, so bear in mind that patience is key in this hobby.

Alternatively there is the M2M area & you may get lucky with EU sellers.

I've noticed lately that any nonEU parcels (even a strap in an envelope from the US) has been hit with VAT/fees, so bear in mind seller location if/when purchasing.

If that small fee is not an issue, always Sead/Supermirrors, who is a TD & sometimes has EU(Italy) stock, but has a UK stockist.

Take your time, enjoy exploring the forum & any questions, feel free to ask publicly, or drop me a PM if you'd prefer.

☘️

Last edited:
Reactions: ~RETRO~ and Feefo

Nick45

30/11/22
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks so much for the advice. I went with your recommendation of Sead and have placed an order with him.

I've done quite a lot (or what I thought was quite a lot) of research on reps over the past few months, but coming to these forums has really opened up a whole new world on context and understanding of this crazy hobby!

Much appreciated and I'm sure I'll see your name pop up a bit more now as I become more active here.

All the best,

Nick

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Very welcome Nick & congrats on your order from Sead.

Curious what you went for (ya never forget your first ;) ) and was it from his UK stock or the ones denoted with an 'i' on his listing?

Havent used his UK stock in a while so wondering how AnP0st handle it this side re VAT/fees etc & hope it's a minimal bill, if any 🤞

Enjoy the forum

Edited as I forgot one thing from my original post. Whichever TD you are ordering from, in the future, always double check their policy on first order refund/replace in the case of loss/seizure during shipping. Not all TDs offer it, so worthwhile checking before sending any money ;)

Last edited:

Nick45

30/11/22
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks, Pátrún!

I went with a VSF Submariner 116613 Blue, TwoTone. And pending a question I've got, I'll also get a DJ 41 TwoTone with gold dial. I've had a number of these before with crappy movements from I think U1 factory. So this should be a nice step up!

Yes, I made sure there was a policy in place around loss/seizure during shipping, so all good there! Fingers crossed there will be no fees :)

If they turn out well I've a fear I'll be going down a rabbit hole with this :p Will let you know how I get on!

I'm sure you've quite the collection yourself? What's your go to/day to day piece?

Cheers,

Nick