• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

new GMT movement for seamaster?

padw1966

Horology Curious
27/5/10
I see a number of threads here related to modding this or that but none that addresses specifically my issue, so apologies if this seems just another "which x will fit this y".

I just got a SM GMT (OME112) from Silix and the movement is for shite. second hand habitually gets stuck at various points between 25 and 45. A firm shake often jars it loose for a couple of passes but it always repeats.

Seems silly to ship the thing all the way back and even sillier to take a rep to a watch guy to suss out what might be the trouble. My impression is that there's a somewhat less than superlative 21J asian movemnet in the thing.

Mightn't simply replacing the movement with a better one be as effective and cost relative as having a watchmaker determine that the issue is simply an inferior movement not worth fixing?

So my questions is: which movement will fit?

As always, many thanks to the experts here at RWI.

katt

Trusted (Watch Repair)
Trusted Dealer
Vendor (Watch Repair)
14/9/09
Could be that the second hand is making contact with the inside of the crystal at those points ?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I bet what Katt says is true. Either the hand is hitting or it could be loose from the stem. Easy fix for Katt. ;)

padw1966

Horology Curious
27/5/10
see; that's why this is such an invaluable resource. Katt, I'll PM you. Thanks again.