• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New (GEN) Release Fifty Fathoms Automatique 42.3mm

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Perhaps the perfect size for a FF and in Ti to boot. Hope they rep the bracelet! At first, dates @ 4.5 really bothered me which is why i prefered the NO RAD. But I have a Ball with the date in the same location and you get used to it. I

KOvzHY.jpeg

KOv31D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Watch-addict

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
I cannot wait for ZF to make this. Their 45mm iteration was as good aa a gen on the wrist but too big at 45mm. So this one with a 2xAR crystal and a gen strap will be perfection.

I also cannot wait for the gen gold price to drop. I am seriously considering it.

Quick poll: 1 or 2?

1. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms 42mm (black dial) in rose gold
2. Chopard Mille Miglia GTS 43mm (black dial) in rose gold

Reactions: APjumbo

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
#1 But I'd prefer stainless.

I've never understood Chopards. Look like invictas. But I say that knowing full well it's only my opinion. It's pretty cool that we all see things differently. Speaking of, I keep running into people who don't like olives? How do you not like olives!?

Reactions: Dj3381

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
#1 But I'd prefer stainless.

I've never understood Chopards. Look like invictas. But I say that knowing full well it's only my opinion. It's pretty cool that we all see things differently. Speaking of, I keep running into people who don't like olives? How do you not like olives!?

LOL by the way I hate olives (but love olive oil)!

Chopard is class generally, but I do see why the Mille Miglia line has not exactly taken off... In-house movements though in the GTS iteration. I had 3 (yes, 3!) gens (2x XL and 1x GTS) in SS (not at the same time) and sold them all. But why did I keep buying them again?....

Reactions: ward1991

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Really hope they rep the bracelets on the SS and TI, makes alot of difference to reduce top heaviness.

Reactions: ward1991

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Really hope they rep the bracelets on the SS and TI, makes alot of difference to reduce top heaviness.

The bracelet (SS or Ti) is likely to be jangly and feel cheap. I have almost given up on rep bracelets, frankly. A stellar exception was the JJF Overseas bracelet which felt aa good as a gen. Possibly, the ZF + JF AP RO (and ROO) bracelets too.

I am now checking weekly for that long-awaited ZF FF 42mm release...