• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Cartel (BP?) LMPO LE

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I was check out Josh's site for new offerings and I see he has just listed another maker's liquid metal. I haven't checked RG on this one, but I thought I would list the link here for analysis. Dial looks a little better than noob version (at least the numbers are aligned on the prototype). I am not an LMPO LE expert, so I am hoping a few of you can chime in.

Here's the link: http://www.p-cls.com/0014-p-14677.html

oracle202

Renowned Member
1/4/13
I'm 99.5% certain this is the same one from Noob that Angus has been selling for weeks. Josh just probably decided to wait until the first batch went out to see if he should carry it yet or not. Judging by the opinions of those who have received them, I think he probably should have held off...

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
those pictures are very weird, does not look like the lmpo bezel, looks more like the regular ceramic bezel, yet the caseback says liquidmetal.
:thinking:

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I'm 99.5% certain this is the same one from Noob that Angus has been selling for weeks. Josh just probably decided to wait until the first batch went out to see if he should carry it yet or not. Judging by the opinions of those who have received them, I think he probably should have held off...

No chance. The cartel doesn't generally sell noob products. My guess is this is from BP or some other maker.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
those pictures are very weird, does not look like the lmpo bezel, looks more like the regular ceramic bezel, yet the caseback says liquidmetal.
:thinking:

It's definitely a LMPO LE rep with a solid caseback that looks decent in the pictures. If they can get the dial right and price it will, might be a decent rep. I am guessing it's from BP since they already have the 42po case and all the needed to do was change the dial, bezel and caseback and--poof--they have an LMPO.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
No chance. The cartel doesn't generally sell noob products. My guess is this is from BP or some other maker.

Cartel do sell noob watches, they just don't want us to buy them if possible ;)
...but they are not going to shoot themselves in the foot and not sell them at all, just look for the AP diver/laureus/Jlc Nsd etc, they are all there:

http://www.p-cls.com/00iwig00011-ingenuier-vintage-laureus-ssny-blue-a2824-p-13180

The LMPO is almost certainly the noob one, just comes a little later than the noob favoured dealers I guess.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Cartel do sell noob watches, they just don't want us to buy them if possible ;)
...but they are not going to shoot themselves in the foot and not sell them at all, just look for the AP diver/laureus/Jlc Nsd etc, they are all there:

http://www.p-cls.com/00iwig00011-ingenuier-vintage-laureus-ssny-blue-a2824-p-13180

The LMPO is almost certainly the noob one, just comes a little later than the noob favoured dealers I guess.

Dr, they don't sell the noob iwc laureus, ap diver v3,5/4.1 etc. Those are from a different maker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
early to tell from those pics, lets wait for the QC / specs and price!

but i'm with oracle on this...its most likely the Noob LMPO

oracle202

Renowned Member
1/4/13

Umm how so? Cartel sells Noob a lot. BP factory didn't just happen to whip this up three weeks after Noob released. When there is enough interest in a Noob make Josh is certainly going to carry it eventually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

oracle202

Renowned Member
1/4/13
Just heard from the man himself. It is the Noob.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4