• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Blue POs

killbill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/11
How accurate is the colour of the blue POs that have started coming out in the past few months?
I've seen the official pics and the pics from the TDs and they seem way off but obviously things like lighting will affect this.

Just wondering if anybody had seen both the gen and rep and would lie to comment.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Nothing about them could be considered accurate, including the color - but they're so nice, who cares?!

The accuracy brigade would never own one, but they are a very nice looking watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Nothing about them could be considered accurate, including the color - but they're so nice, who cares?!

The accuracy brigade would never own one, but they are a very nice looking watch.

Let's wait for his links before we judge. ;)
I suspect that he meant SMP and some of those would be purchased by the so called "accuracy brigade" and members like you too.

shandroid

13/9/10
Let's wait for his links before we judge. ;)
I suspect that he meant SMP and some of those would be purchased by the so called "accuracy brigade" and members like you too.

Of course... But the SMP has been out forever, the blue 2011 PO has only been out for a couple of months - like he said.

I own an SMP chrono, bi compax PO chrono, PO Chrono, 2011 blue ceramic PO, 4 original PO's of different versions and colors... Among many other 1:1 high end reps and the odd gen.

So, not entirely sure of your meaning there, Q...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
shan, I completley forgot about the Blue PO! Sorry about that. :spank:

But can you link or post a few pics of your blue PO?

We can compare it to this.....
poti4.jpg

poti6.jpg

poti5.jpg

poti8.jpg
poti2.jpg

poti3.jpg

poti1.jpg

shandroid

13/9/10
I would love to, but I'm in mackay - the watch is 800km away! :-(

Same as this

1b60c146-7972-cdc2.jpg

1b60c146-7987-18de.jpg

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
How accurate is the colour of the blue POs that have started coming out in the past few months?
I've seen the official pics and the pics from the TDs and they seem way off but obviously things like lighting will affect this.

Just wondering if anybody had seen both the gen and rep and would lie to comment.

Referring to one of these, right?

Omega-2011-12-06-02-01_enl.jpg

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the new Liquid metal PO ??
When the OP mentioned a Blue PO, I too thought he may have been referring to the SMP.
"Is" there an accurate LM PO rep out...?? I'd think that bezel would be difficult (costly) to replicate.

killbill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/11
Hi, sorry been away from my PC. Sorry I should have attached pics, but was in a bit of a rush yesterday!

Yes, I was referring to the blue PO that thedoover and shandroid have attached and yes I was asking for comparison to the blue PO that Q5 attached. Thanks for that guys.

dredd0606

11/2/12
I'm also trying to determine accuracy and quality on this watch, as timeshops and puretime now has an automatic available (previously only available as a quartz).
timeshops Link
Puretime Link

I personally think the gen is one of the most gorgeous watches I've ever seen, and after owning the UPO 45mm orange bezel, I'm really impressed by the quality and accuracy of the rep. If the blue titanium was available in the sort of quality and finish, I'd buy it in a second.

Does anyone own one who can say anything about the quality and accuracy?

Dredd

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
It's terrible guys, needs some serious work, how they can even market them to us with an eta movement is beyond me! They are no better than canal st junk, give it some time and a few releases and we might have something semi wearable.

They did quite well with the 5th gen, and even though I realize this is a brand new watch release, they can't maintain any sort of standard that we waited so long for them to achieve with the old PO.

This thread more or less covers it:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/ceramic-planet-ocean-91067

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
Ill admit to considering the 21j blue one, but the date window is white on the TS website and the blue is just way way too bright. Hand flaws, happy toesies, bezel tooths and whatnot dont bother me as much as the obvious color problem.