• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone watch adult swim here? sept 9th

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
september 9th, 1215 am, sunday, a show called LUCY: the daughter of the devil will air.

It's my shameless plug for the show.

warning: it's not for everyone, so please dont be offended.

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
Soooo Circk......what channel.....and maybe a little more in-sight? :D :D

crick

1/8/06
it's on cartoon network.

here's the pilot someone pirated and shoved on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SdbP0rEtPrQ

I'm involved with the production (extensively) but please no bombs to my house! i just do as i'm told!

and the humor is hit and miss with some folks.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Crick-- dunno if I told you, but Adult Swim used to be some of my favorite TV of the week. I've gotten out of the habit of watching (due mainly to babies n' such), but man, AS used to have some totally brilliant stuff. Sealab 2021, Harvey Birdman, and my personal favorite, The Brak Show. Haven't been as crazy about some of the newer stuff. Robot Chicken is OK, but some of the other stuff is just awful (I'm looking at you, Tom Goes to the Mayor). What's your new show? You like it?

crick

1/8/06
seanf said:
Crick-- dunno if I told you, but Adult Swim used to be some of my favorite TV of the week. I've gotten out of the habit of watching (due mainly to babies n' such), but man, AS used to have some totally brilliant stuff. Sealab 2021, Harvey Birdman, and my personal favorite, The Brak Show. Haven't been as crazy about some of the newer stuff. Robot Chicken is OK, but some of the other stuff is just awful (I'm looking at you, Tom Goes to the Mayor). What's your new show? You like it?

the pilot is just ok. The newer stuff i enjoyed, but it's like dry humor in a way. Better written than the pilot... MUCH better IMO.

I LOVE HARVEY BIRDMAN. own all 3 seasons on DVD. LOVE SEALAB2021. but havent watched any eps past the death of the main cast member :( is it still good?

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
WELLLL I'm going to set my alarm clock to catch this!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I live in the hills of Arkansas.....Deliverence is shown weekly at the local Cinema........I don't think a cartoon will offend anyone around here!! :lol: :lol:

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
crick said:
seanf said:

the pilot is just ok. The newer stuff i enjoyed, but it's like dry humor in a way. Better written than the pilot... MUCH better IMO.

I LOVE HARVEY BIRDMAN. own all 3 seasons on DVD. LOVE SEALAB2021. but havent watched any eps past the death of the main cast member :( is it still good?

Never seen a show get so bad so quickly as Sealab. After Harry Goz (Cap'n Murphy) died, his son, Michael Goz came on board as a new character called Tornado. Just terrible. Writing went down the tubes right away. Really a shame, as it used to be a great show. Finally got canceled about two years ago. But I still can't forgive AS for canceling The Brak Show. God, I loved that show. Also loved Space Ghost, but a little Space Ghost goes a long way. Guess they're on permanent hiatus now.

crick

1/8/06
seanf said:
Never seen a show get so bad so quickly as Sealab. After Harry Goz (Cap'n Murphy) died, his son, Michael Goz came on board as a new character called Tornado. Just terrible. Writing went down the tubes right away. Really a shame, as it used to be a great show. Finally got canceled about two years ago. But I still can't forgive AS for canceling The Brak Show. God, I loved that show. Also loved Space Ghost, but a little Space Ghost goes a long way. Guess they're on permanent hiatus now.

Yeah that's too bad. When he passed away, i didnt know where the show would go cuz damn, Capn' Murphy WAS the show? :(

yeah [AS] does a lot of crazy things :roll: stuff can get held in legal limbo for a long time, or axed for no reason (or peresonal reasons) :eek:

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
I'm going to set it up on TiVo now. Thanks for the heads up Crick. :D

jimjen178

Known Member
16/2/07
Big fan of Squidbillies (see avatar), Venture brothers..I'll have to DVR your show