• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Bezel Inset

Monty

Known Member
6/4/06
Here is my watch that RBJ69 did the job on. It used to have a black bezel inset. However, that one fell out and I sent it off to Joe. I asked him to put in a green one. So now it has an LV inset with a black sub dial. I think it looks great and who is going to know the difference? Someone with an authentic LV might say that the dial is not the same as his. I would say, "Yeah, I know. I didn't like the Maxi dial so I asked for a custom watch instead!"

Also notice that the crown guards etc are great looking, these were done by Joe as well at an earlier time. Actually, it was Joe's first job.

So now I have a Frankenwatch, but I think it looks great. I was showing it to a person who said that it looked much nicer than that "other watch" of mine. That "other watch", by the way is actually an authentic Rolex Air King!

So here is a pic that Joe took of the Frankenwatch!

t0013ow1ar.jpg

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Sweet watch, sweet job..
rbj is artist with watch
u r lucky to have piece of history!

Life is Good!
Klink

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
glad u like it monty, u really do have a piece of history , my first sub i modded for a customer, and im glad i still can smile about it , and so r u , lol , i really appreciate your support and it is very nice to see u around again :D

Monty

Known Member
6/4/06
Thanks Joe

Thanks Joe! You have always done great work, right from the beginning. I remember you and I talking about it. You told me, "I've worked on golf clubs so I think I can do your watch." I said, "Okay, let's give it a go." :)

What stands out in addition to the work is the great communication you maintain with people who entrust their "babies" to you.

How many watches do you think you have worked on since then?