• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Asia 7750 Valjoux movement

hwrdpaula

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/06
How well does this movement work in the Omega SMP chrono. Seconds @9 apparently makes for a better rep-but still have doubts. Anybody with this rep please respond and describe your experience and give recommendations. Which dealer? :?:

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Really, please use the search feature. It really gets tiring answering this question every day.

hwrdpaula

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/06
smp chrono

Andreww
Sorry to disturb your sensibilities, perhaps you should try getting more sleep. Continuing to wait for a proper reply from someone who actually has the rep and has had some wearing time as well as everyday use.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
The Asian 7750 is a very sturdy movement. Especially in its natural 6, 9, 12 configuration. Its high beat so the sweep is silky smooth I haven't had any trouble with my Tag Link Chrono. You can find some pretty detailed reviews of these movements here, we've talked about these quite a bit. See how nice we can be.

Sean K

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Re: smp chrono

hwrdpaula said:
Andreww
Sorry to disturb your sensibilities, perhaps you should try getting more sleep. Continuing to wait for a proper reply from someone who actually has the rep and has had some wearing time as well as everyday use.

You are not disturbing my sensibilities, but have you tried typing 7750 in to the search feature. I, and others really like to help when information is not available. It is a little irritating reviewing the 7750 after about the 50th time. If you had searched "SMP Chrono" you would have found By-Tors excellent review of this watch, probably including a link to a review of the 7750. I understand its a lot easier to ask and have someone find the info for you, but its sometimes more rewarding to find it your self.

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
1st, Andrew is right. We have argued the 7750 at least a couple of dozen times in the past 8 months or so. There is an overabundance of opinions about this movement spread throughout this forum.

2nd, It's more about the seconds sub dial location than it is the specific watch. There is no doubt that the 12-9-6 config with the seconds running at 9 o'clock is the most stable version.