• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New addition to the fleet!

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Here i my new acquisition! I love it! Lots of stainless steel!

RPT_UboatWhiteWS.jpg

RPTuboatwhite1.jpg

RPTuboatwhiteback.jpg

RPTU-boatfleet.jpg

PKNutsy

Renowned Member
26/3/12
Cracking collection you have! The U-42 is a beautiful example although i see in your last post that it is a 21j.

I have just received a U-Boat Classico 53mm with a 21j movement and it keep time really well.

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Looks good! What's your source?
All of my U-Boats except for the U-1001 were bought from Mary/Rochest

Cracking collection you have! The U-42 is a beautiful example although i see in your last post that it is a 21j.

I have just received a U-Boat Classico 53mm with a 21j movement and it keep time really well.
I have 3 watch with 21J, and they are runnig just fine. No issue and they keep perfect time.

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
love these and B&R - wish I had the wrist size for it - enjoy - excellent pics !

Any plans to do any mods ?

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
love these and B&R - wish I had the wrist size for it - enjoy - excellent pics !

Any plans to do any mods ?

I will definately invest in better straps very soon. Maybe eventually ETA 7750 mouvements. U-Boat reps are pretty close to gens, or maybe Gens are pretty close to reps..... ;)

OmegaPOFL

Renowned Member
10/3/09
seriously.... i thought i was looking at the gen.. except when i saw the movt. it didn't look like a 7750. that's only when i had my doubt!

:)

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
All of my U-Boats except for the U-1001 were bought from Mary/Rochest

Hmm, that appears to be a Classico CAB dial & hands in a U-1001 case. I do like the dark titanium caseset with the orange & black dial though. Really sets it off.

I have 3 watch with 21J, and they are runnig just fine. No issue and they keep perfect time.

My U-1001 is a 21J also, and it's just fine. :) The only issue is in having such a long second hand; it makes the slow beat more evident. In most non-chrono watches I'm fine with a 21J; keeps the cost down and no one knows (or cares) about the difference. It's the whole 99% rule.

The missing HE valve on mine is far more of a giveaway than a couple of beats per second slower tick!

Here's my pbucket gallery for my 1001: http://photobucket.com/u-1001

I love the U-BOAT style. Seems to be only a few of us, but who cares. ;)

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Hmm, that appears to be a Classico CAB dial & hands in a U-1001 case. I do like the dark titanium caseset with the orange & black dial though. Really sets it off.

Here are some more details of this watch:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/my-u-boat-94310

Here's my pbucket gallery for my 1001: http://photobucket.com/u-1001

I love the U-BOAT style. Seems to be only a few of us, but who cares. ;)
[/quote]
Nice pictures! Yeah, seems that the U-Boat fans are out-numbered A LOT by the Pam's and Rolies fans! One of my collegue ordered the same white dial SS flight deck as me, he is not on here though.

I might get a Rolex one day, but IWC and Breitling will be my next purchase.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Thanks for the link to the other thread! That was during my sabbatical from the site, so I missed it. It was an interesting read!

There are a few other U-BOATs I want to add, but watch buying has to be on hold for a bit. :)

mkawass

Known Member
4/7/11
Nice UBoats bro. May i ask what dealer has the Orange dial uboat, the one on the right ?

alexrams

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/4/13
I have acquired a couple of U Boats the U-42 and Classico and they feel great on my wrist and always attract attention especially from younger professional types. Teh one problem I have encountered is the straps are not very sturdy. The leather strap on the classico is tearing at the point were it meets the case. Where can I get good U-Boat replica straps?