• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Never drop your watch

auslander

18/2/11
... Especially if its a gen :facepalm:

So I'm getting ready to finish my Custom Seamaster Pro project a year in the making. I was taking it off my wrist and trying to take off the strap to put in a package to send to Wiz to install the HE valve and Double AR PO crystal when the watch slipped from my hand and hit my concrete floor.

The sweep had popped off and I thought, well that sucks but not the end of the world until I noticed a nick on my brand new 42mm Planet Ocean QoS bezel. Awesome.

Bad luck lately with my watches :-/

8444817277_05f26a318a_b.jpg

auslander

18/2/11
The case has scratches on it but I just hate when I scratch something thats less than a week old. Oh well. C'est la vie. It's going to be my 'daily beater' so I suppose I should quit complaining.

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
You just added patina! people pay good money for that. minus the second hand coming off

Zack Morris

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/10
Oregon
This is why I started liking vintage watches. Hard to make them look any worse than they already do. =)

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
This is why I started liking vintage watches. Hard to make them look any worse than they already do. =)

and in their imperfections we even start to see beauty.
it's a wonderful thing.

auslander

18/2/11
There is a big jeweler/watch seller here in Chicago on Jeweler's Row that wanted $50 + tax and 3 hours to put the sweep hand back on. No thanks guys! LOL

straycat

Renowned Member
27/11/12
Added coolness. Off the topic but I've got a few of custom built guitars that were artificially aged. I paid and arm and a leg for them.

auslander

18/2/11
Added coolness. Off the topic but I've got a few of custom built guitars that were artificially aged. I paid and arm and a leg for them.

SO I guess what you're all saying is 'stop whining' lol. You're all right.I'm sure it'll look great once its properly broken in!

I have a vintage Les Paul that I ADORE!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Damn i hate scratches!!! I would be very pissed if i were you. Not to mention i wouldn't even sleep until i fix it.

I know i am sick...

auslander

18/2/11
Damn i hate scratches!!! I would be very pissed if i were you. Not to mention i wouldn't even sleep until i fix it.

I know i am sick...

+1 Yeah... I've been staring at it for hours. Once you notice it you cant stop!! LOL!! Bound to happen I guess... Such a klutz. Although it took me a year of smacking my PO on stuff before it started to show scratches. I've never dropped a watch until Friday... Wont do that again!! Especially when I get my DSSD back.

ayubgantz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/9/12
Scratches give the watch character. Especially ones which remind you of the incident itself.

straycat

Renowned Member
27/11/12
SO I guess what you're all saying is 'stop whining' lol. You're all right.I'm sure it'll look great once its properly broken in!

I have a vintage Les Paul that I ADORE!!

Vintage Les Pauls are awesome. Now if inly I had $200K to spend!