• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need some advice regarding the PO I just received

gruffster

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/06
I just received my first Omega rep, a 4th gen Planet Ocean, from a respected dealer who I will not name until I hear back from him.

The watch is significantly different from the one in his pictures. Specifically, the red tip of the second hand is shorter, the crown is different, the spacing of the writing on the dial is different, and the thickness of the Omega logo is different. Lastly (at least for now) is that the crystal does not appear to have AR coating, as advertised.

I have written him asking for remedy. I am not interested in keeping this watch. Since this is my first experience with him, I am now wary of other watches that he sells, so I'm not sure if I want to exchange.

Any thoughts on how to proceed. This dealer has very good reviews on this site and others, and I am expecting him to make things right. I'm just not sure yet what that should entail.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

cwai02

Renowned Member
16/3/06
You may need to take some pictures. It's hard for anyone here to answer your question if you don't show a picture of what you received.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
If it was me I would send it back get my money back and get a real 4th gen from Andrew.

aspire has been showing pictures of Andrews 4th gens too but I haven't seen any one bragging about how great someone elses 4th gen PO's are so I think its safe to assume for now that Andrew is still the one to beat.

of course I am assuming you didn't actually get a bad PO from Andrew!

gruffster

4/6/06
Update

Update -

the dealer responded quickly and acknowledged the error. He said he was using a new supplier and they messed up. He promised to get me the watch that was pictured. Not sure quite what to make of that, but I will give him the benefit of doubt given his reputation.

I'll let you know how it works out.

geopatr69

Renowned Member
28/3/06
:D :D Good luck in getting it resolved. I am sure all will turn out just fine. I've bought my 4th gen PO from Andrew and it is awesome.:D
Paul at Espire is offering the 4th gen at a killer price($159.00) right now, so I tought I'll give him a shot and pulled the trigger on the orange bezel 42.5mm model. We'll see how good it is :?: I have my Andrew PO to compare it to. I hope it is as good as the photos show. I'll do a side by side comparison as soon as it gets here and share my findings with you all. :) :)

gruffster

4/6/06
I'd like to see Paul's 4th gen PO. My resolution with the dealer was that I could get the 4th gen black PO as ordered, or choose anything else he sells. After considering lots of PAMs and Rolexes, I simply decided to swap for the Orange bezel PO instead of the black. Having owned the genuine black PO, it will be fun to own the Orange - especially with summer being here.

Tikerz

26/4/06
I think Andrew's PO and Paul's PO are the exact same, from the same maker. They look identical to me.

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
geopatr69 said:
Paul at Espire is offering the 4th gen at a killer price($159.00) right now, so I tought I'll give him a shot and pulled the trigger on the orange bezel 42.5mm model. We'll see how good it is :?: I have my Andrew PO to compare it to. I hope it is as good as the photos show. I'll do a side by side comparison as soon as it gets here and share my findings with you all. :) :)

Is the Andrew PO you have the 4th gen 42.5 orange? If so I am glad to see we'll finally have an apple to apple comparison. (make that oranges to oranges :) ) There has been several people post that Pauls PO is not the same as Andrews. Looking forward to your review.

I'm still in the camp of if something sounds to good to be true it most likely is. Hopefully I'm wrong.

ryaku

3/4/06
Tikerz said:
I think Andrew's PO and Paul's PO are the exact same, from the same maker. They look identical to me.

totally agree
Watch is the same: same logo position, same ar coating, same case back, same hands lenght....

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
The pics are the same, but will it be the same watch that Paul ships???

Eddy

ryaku

3/4/06
gruffster said:
I'd like to see Paul's 4th gen PO. My resolution with the dealer was that I could get the 4th gen black PO as ordered, or choose anything else he sells. After considering lots of PAMs and Rolexes, I simply decided to swap for the Orange bezel PO instead of the black. Having owned the genuine black PO, it will be fun to own the Orange - especially with summer being here.

I'm going to purchase a black bezel PO 42mm 4th gen from Aspire,
could you please clear it up if you get the watch from Paul?
I wouldn't like to get another PO model. :roll:

geopatr69

Renowned Member
28/3/06
Happy T said:
geopatr69 said:

Is the Andrew PO you have the 4th gen 42.5 orange? If so I am glad to see we'll finally have an apple to apple comparison. (make that oranges to oranges :) ) There has been several people post that Pauls PO is not the same as Andrews. Looking forward to your review.

I'm still in the camp of if something sounds to good to be true it most likely is. Hopefully I'm wrong.
:D Hi Happy,
I have the black Andrew PO and bought the orange one from Paul. I received the DHL tracking number this morning. So it is on the way. I'll post some photos and mini review as soon as it arrives :D :D

gruffster

4/6/06
ryaku said:
gruffster said:

I'm going to purchase a black bezel PO 42mm 4th gen from Aspire,
could you please clear it up if you get the watch from Paul?
I wouldn't like to get another PO model. :roll:

I got the watch from Andrew. He apologized for the mistake, and took quick action to make things right.

Tikerz

26/4/06
I got the watch from Andrew. He apologized for the mistake, and took quick action to make things right.

I saw that he had the same problem with someone's Fiddy on another site, but he quickly made things right with that buyer as well.

BTW, I placed an order for Paul's Orange P.O. and should have it by the end of the week. I'll be sure to post pics.

ryaku

3/4/06
gruffster said:

Thanks for clearing it up.

I see it's a nuisance anyway having to send the wrong watch back but you can be confident as Andrew's a trustworthy dealer.