• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help to see if I made the right choice!

TheCold

15/8/09
Hello guys, this is the story. Started with that I bought an UPO from Ruby about a year ago and than about 6-8 months later a lume index dot fell off. I opened up the case and reglued it nicely but instead I dislodged the keyless works :(. At the same time when I could not set date or time properly, along with the hack mechanism not working I could not screw the crown down to the case don't know if this is because a stripped crown or tube.

Anyways, I opened up the case and tried to fix the dislodged keyless works and it worked with hack mechanism and everything, until the hack just stopped all of a sudden, and I still couldn't screw the crown back to the case. So I tried to fix it again and what happened was that the dial feet broke along that the second hands broke off.

So now Im left with a semi-broken watch instead :D

So what I did was to order a gen crown, gen tube, along with gen hour, minute and second hands.
Am also going to order a new UPO dial or a new dial.

And then send it away so someone hopefully can put it back togheter and maybe fix the keyless along the way.

It might be pricy but still I think the watch will work more properly with some gen items. Does this seem ilke a good choice or Im better off buying a new watch entirely?

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
It is a good choice if it makes you feel good.

You have to think, with all of your efforts, you still have only paid a fraction of the GEN price; plus you can make most of it back if you simply sell it on RWI.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
When you say the second hand broke off, do you mean that the hand broke or the canon pin broke off in the second hand's tube, which is more likely? If it did you're better off buying a new watch.

TheCold

15/8/09
When you say the second hand broke off, do you mean that the hand broke or the canon pin broke off in the second hand's tube, which is more likely? If it did you're better off buying a new watch.

I mean that on the second hand the tip broke, I have the second hand mounted as we speak and its working. Just that it broken in half :/.

How can I tell if the canon pin broke off? Because the watch itself is working with the hands, just that the second hand is broken and the other hands are like bent or a bit dislodged.