• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help identifying De Ville

ubermenehune

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/12
Hello everyone. I wanted to purchase a nice dress watch and decided to go with an Omega De Ville. Looking at some reps at Puretime, I came across this model and have some questions.

1. It says "Automatic" instead of "Co-Axial" on the dial. Is this an older model and if so, which one?

2. I noticed the words "Automatic" and "Chronometer" have two different fonts. Without the gen to compare it to, I'm not sure if I'm right to question the quality or if i'm just splitting hairs. Is this a giveaway that the watch is a rep?

IMG_0162a.jpg

I'm new to the hobby, so please forgive my naivete and thank you all in advance.

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
I had this one in the white version. It is a very nice and understated watch, and the rep is generally well executed.

I have never compared in detail how the fonts are on the Gen. It is highly unlikely that I will ever meet it in the wild.
But on it's own it looks and feels good.

The main negative is the case-back which looks good and has a lot of detail. But whereas it now has a strange pattern, it is supposed to show Father Time.

I would have it AR terated. The white version improved with it and a black dial version will definitely imporve. Also I would change the strap immediately. A good gator will look so much better than the cheap rep-strap.
And if you really want to splash out, you may have it re-lumed. However this will not make a huge difference, because the lume dots are as small as they are.

All of that will make the watch much more expensive, but also much better.

Good luck with the purchase.