• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need Help for Broken Patek 5711 PPF V4 Movement 324 / Miyota 9015

blake12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/22
Montreal / Canada
Hello ,
My movement is broken, it's just one screw of the rotor and one jewel but i was unable to find the parts here in canada .

After some research i was thinking of buying another movement from PPF But Jtime told me that they don't sell this part .
I posted a WTB message here but no answer .

Does anyone have an advice to repair my watch ?
Thanks !

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
AFIK it's just a normal 9015, if so just buy an entire movement and swap it. The movement should be available just about anywhere, You can use the rotor and main plate from the old one to retain the decorations (I'm assuming if you are thinking of replacing a jewel you can also swap out a main plate).

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Hello ,
My movement is broken, it's just one screw of the rotor and one jewel but i was unable to find the parts here in canada .

After some research i was thinking of buying another movement from PPF But Jtime told me that they don't sell this part .
I posted a WTB message here but no answer .

Does anyone have an advice to repair my watch ?
Thanks !
I'm in Canada (Vancouver), and I have a bunch of spare screws of various sizes on my bench. If you can let me know what size screw you need (measure the head width and depth, and the thread width and length), I'll send you the screw you need. Likewise for the jewel (assuming it's a cap jewel), I have a variety of assorted loose jewels on my bench and I can send you what you need. Do you have a pic of the stuff that's broken, that'd help me know what you need.

blake12

25/5/22
Montreal / Canada
Hello and thanks to both of you for your answer .

@trailboss99 , it's good to know ,it will be a good solution if i don't find the parts . i have tools and goodwill but a serious lack of experience !

@dogwood Thank you very much for your proposal / The only tool i have to mesure is a caliper , i will do my best to take the mesurements and coming back to you .

Thanks again !

Reactions: dogwood

jacquy

26/9/18
AFIK it's just a normal 9015, if so just buy an entire movement and swap it. The movement should be available just about anywhere, You can use the rotor and main plate from the old one to retain the decorations (I'm assuming if you are thinking of replacing a jewel you can also swap out a main plate).
I also often have problems with these movements. But the Mijota9015 movements, as they are sold, have 3 screws in a triangle, while the ppf movements have only one central screw.Is this still the same movement?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Hello and thanks to both of you for your answer .

@trailboss99 , it's good to know ,it will be a good solution if i don't find the parts . i have tools and goodwill but a serious lack of experience !

@dogwood Thank you very much for your proposal / The only tool i have to mesure is a caliper , i will do my best to take the mesurements and coming back to you .

Thanks again !
Yup calipers are all you'll need. Just send me the measurements of the broken screw and missing jewel and I'll see what I can do for you.

BTW: a good source for parts in Canada is Perrin:

https://perrinwatchparts.com/

And it's also not too expensive to order parts from Cousins UK (although sometimes shipping from the UK can take a long time):

I've bought lots of inexpensive "assorted" parts from Cousins UK. "Assorted" means that you get a random selection of sizes of small parts for quite cheap. These are good because they're cheap, but it's often a pain in the ass to sort through 100 tiny screws to find the one you need. But when you're time-rich, and cash-poor, that's a good trade-off.

blake12

25/5/22
Montreal / Canada
I also often have problems with these movements. But the Mijota9015 movements, as they are sold, have 3 screws in a triangle, while the ppf movements have only one central screw.Is this still the same movement?
Hello,

As I saw the rotor in the ppf movement have also 3 screw (that's one of them that I broke!) but they are hidden under a fake screw that is glued on top of those 3 screws.

blake12

25/5/22
Montreal / Canada
Hello ,
I wanted to do a feedback on this adventure ,

I bought parts but didn't find the right jewell , and after too many unmount a lot of parts have started to broke ,
I Ordered a 9015 miyota standard to exchange the parts but a lot of them a not compatible . Even the main plate is not the same .
As all the seller i contacted doesn't seem to find a spare 9015 decorated movement i'm startig to think about swap to the 324 super clone.
Does anyone knows if it can be swapped Beetween the two cases ?
If anyone have another idea i'm interested !

Thanks !

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Hello ,

I bought parts but didn't find the right jewell , and after too many unmount a lot of parts have started to broke ,
I Ordered a 9015 miyota standard to exchange the parts but a lot of them a not compatible . Even the main plate is not the same .
As all the seller i contacted doesn't seem to find a spare 9015 decorated movement i'm startig to think about swap to the 324 super clone.

Thanks !
I’m sorry to hear about this. I really think the standard miyota 9015 should fit in the PPF 5711 case. It won’t have the decoration plates but it should work.

The 324SC movement is hard to find and quite expensive. I’ve only seen it from sketchy WeChat sellers.

If you post some pics I might be able to help. I happen to be working on a PPF 5711 miyota right now that was destroyed by one of the Reddit scammers who did a “rotor silencing mini-service” and packed the rotor bearings with grease destroying the movement:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/103hu30

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I have replaced a decorated Miyota 9015 in a PF 5711 with a plain and undecorated one without issues not too long ago, but can't speak about a PPF unfortunately.

Reactions: Seb75

blake12

25/5/22
Montreal / Canada
The problem is that the main plate is not the same on booth movements. They made it the way that it fits perfectly with the case. And in addition even with a technique to maintain the replacement 9015 centered the holes in the case to fix it are not in the same place....

That's s strange they changed it so much.

blake12

25/5/22
Montreal / Canada
This is the 9015 I received, its with the reversed balance wheel, and the date wheel's smaller too compared to the modified ppf.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Hello ,

Thanks !
The swap to a 324 clone has been done before. I recall @legend saying it involved case modification. I have no idea what needs modification as I haven't been able to acquire the movement at a price I'm willing to pay just to see if I can do it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The swap to a 324 clone has been done before. I recall @legend saying it involved case modification. I have no idea what needs modification as I haven't been able to acquire the movement at a price I'm willing to pay just to see if I can do it.
Yes it has been done many times before. A miyota movement designated 5711 case can be fitted with a 324 movement. The inside of the case needs to be machined for the fitment.

Reactions: Allure

blake12

25/5/22
Montreal / Canada
Thanks for your answer . If it's need to be machined i prefer to sell this one for parts and buy another one . It will be less expensive .
Maybe if i find a way to fit the 9015 i will repair it .