• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEED HELP - 243 bezel markers issue.

Captaindim

Getting To Know The Place
12/12/20
Hi guys! I really need your help and advice on this freaky issue. I bought this great 243 2-3 months ago. Yesterday I noticed for the first time that the bezel 15, 30 and 45 markers were not lined as they supposed to be. More specifically, I realized that all 3 of them had the direction as I show with the red lines. I managed myself to line them again, with lots of effort, with my finger (!) back to the proper position (green lines). More to that, when I press the 45 marker with my fingernail I can see that there is some play also! Now, I am really scared that it is a matter of time that they will drop and this will be terrible. So, here are my questions where I really need your help: 1. Have you ever heard of such a case before? 2. Is there a fix for this or the whole bezel should be changed? 3. Before I go back to my dealer, is there any watchmaker that has a proven record of fixing these things? I am located in Malaysia and my dealer is in China, so is there any watchmaker around the region that you can suggest and give contact details, so I can send him and fix it (e.g. Singapore will be very convenient)? Otherwise, I have to go back to my dealer to ask if and how he can repair it. I really want to fix this for good so your help and advice will be much appreciated.

Captaindim

12/12/20
Try to remove and epoxy set them back in place.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot! Any trick on how to remove them? I mean, they are so tiny to grab them and take them out, there is no grip. Anyone that has done it before?

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
While the suggested advice is great and what will probably be what will be the best course (but I’d use a tiny dab of the gorilla glue epoxy myself. That shit will hold anything) but I think you should pop the bezel off and try to do it from the other side ideally. And maybe you can find a more elegant solution. That may have been implied in the other posts but thought it was worth saying.

Reactions: Captaindim

Captaindim

12/12/20
Try to remove and epoxy set them back in place.
Good luck

Any tip or idea how to remove them? I mean they are so tiny I can hardly get a grip on them to pull them out. Even though I can rotate them (still difficultly) with my finger to line them back in place, I don’t know how to pull them out. They are not so loose to get out. I was thinking pressing on them a strong adhesive tape and try to pull them out… I don’t know… Any other suggestions you might be aware of? Sorry guys, newbie here as I don’t know these fixing techniques….

Captaindim

12/12/20
While the suggested advice is great and what will probably be what will be the best course (but I’d use a tiny dab of the gorilla glue epoxy myself. That shit will hold anything) but I think you should pop the bezel off and try to do it from the other side ideally. And maybe you can find a more elegant solution. That may have been implied in the other posts but thought it was worth saying.
Just realized from some Google search that these markers are screwed and should get access from behind the bezel!

ZSsc7X.png
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

I will try to remove the bezel according to the steps of this thread
https://rwg.cc/topic/167138-pam243-bezel-removalre-assembly/
I have to get some tools as this thread indicates (x-acto blades, bench knife, etc). Hope I don't make any damage :confused:

Still if there is any alternative solution of removing the bezel (or even a video that shows how to do it) it will be more than welcome.
Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your advices! :thanks:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Just realized from some Google search that these markers are screwed and should get access from behind the bezel!

ZSsc7X.png

I will try to remove the bezel according to the steps of this thread
https://rwg.cc/topic/167138-pam243-bezel-removalre-assembly/
I have to get some tools as this thread indicates (x-acto blades, bench knife, etc). Hope I don't make any damage :confused:

Still if there is any alternative solution of removing the bezel (or even a video that shows how to do it) it will be more than welcome.
Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your advices! :thanks:

Yeah , it shouldn’t take much. There’s not much to it.

I am not at my desk and don’t have any watch tools with me so I just went digging through my toolbox.

I’d suggest putting some blue painters tape or masking tape under the corner near 7 o’clock and get a little blade under there and it pops off very easily. I couldn’t find any so I just used a post it though you probably shouldn’t until you know how to do it.

You can access the bezel from the other/under side at that point. This is the 799 and just happens to be the submersible I’m wearing but your bezel will pop and off just as easily.

The tape will keep you from scratching the case. Just be careful when you try to slip under the bezel.

Then when done just press back on. You’ll hear it click into place (in any of the slots) and just turn to put the pearl back at 12.

Hope this helps.

c3f08476ba8ae0f8c78c6cad8ecc012b.jpg

4cb12a1229575b34eb1859e5c2397cb0.jpg

And here it is all put back together and pressed back on again.

b182781a980ba38322291aa075603df3.jpg

8781fa05c5b63e8f17007b0c41a5bafb.jpg

Captaindim

12/12/20
Yeah , it shouldn’t take much. There’s not much to it.

I am not at my desk and don’t have any watch tools with me so I just went digging through my toolbox.

I’d suggest putting some blue painters tape or masking tape under the corner near 7 o’clock and get a little blade under there and it pops off very easily. I couldn’t find any so I just used a post it though you probably shouldn’t until you know how to do it.

You can access the bezel from the other/under side at that point. This is the 799 and just happens to be the submersible I’m wearing but your bezel will pop and off just as easily.

The tape will keep you from scratching the case. Just be careful when you try to slip under the bezel.

Then when done just press back on. You’ll hear it click into place (in any of the slots) and just turn to put the pearl back at 12.

Hope this helps.

c3f08476ba8ae0f8c78c6cad8ecc012b.jpg

4cb12a1229575b34eb1859e5c2397cb0.jpg

And here it is all put back together and pressed back on again.

b182781a980ba38322291aa075603df3.jpg

8781fa05c5b63e8f17007b0c41a5bafb.jpg

Thank you very much for the clarifications! !

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk