• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need advice for PO 45.5 Orange Bezel

wonnamp

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/2/12
Hello, I'm new to replica watches and planning to buy my first replica watches from Hont.
PO 45.5 Orange Bezel is the watch that I decided to purchase along with Ulysse Nardin.

I just have few questions about PO.

1. Asian ETA or Swiss ETA? Is asian ETA accurate enough? Why is Swiss one more expensive?
2. I found out that PO has been upgraded last year (no happy feet). Are there still flaws?
3. Is PO a good watch to buy?

Thanks!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
First - welcome!

As for your questions:
1) Go Asian clone. It is very difficult even for most watch smiths to tell the difference. And many Swiss ETA movements supplied by the rep factories are either A) Asian clone anyway or B) old Swiss ETA movements rebuilt using clone parts. I would trust Hont not to scam you on this, but he might be scammed by the factory and not know the difference either. The Asian clone is arguably as good as the "Swiss" ETA movement. It runs very accurately and smoothly in most cases. The Swiss is more expensive because people think it's better and will pay more for it.

2) All reps have flaws, and the PO is no exception. However, the flaws are minor and you really have to look very closely and know what you are looking for to spot them. 99% of the people on this planet would never be able to call this watch out as a rep - even if you took it off and let them handle and examine it closely.

3) You will be very impressed with the quality and wonder why anyone ever buys gen. I can't say that of all reps, but this one you will love.

Also, if you are buying the pumpkin (orange bezel), buy it on the bracelet. Rep leather straps are not great. Then contact either PrimeStraps or TooTall and have them make you a custom black strap with matching orange stitching. Trust me on this.
WatchPics054.jpg