• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need a 45mm PO case

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Just wondering if this lite version from PT is the same case as the UPO?
http://puretime.co/product/planet-ocean-45mm-lite/

I recall there were some dodgy ones with wrong bracelet/lug width.

I only want this thing for its case, so wanted to see if anyone might know.

Yes, I can email PT but I don't have my one with me and can't recall its dimensions! :wyliehelp:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
This has an 21j installed, so most likely wont be the same as UPO.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Hi Pap, figured it did. Do you think the case is different, or the movt holder??

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The movement holder most likely will be a piece of plastic.

Although the case its self may be different.

What are you up to? A franken? Cause if you are i would suggest an UPO case with a clone movement as to save yourself from possible troubles...

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
I have a UPO but I had the case drilled to accept a metal dowel that would be drilled and tapped to take gen thread for a gen CT.

But I can not find out the thread size from anywhere. So my case has a very big hole in it.... And I have an SS dowel with no thread......

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I have a UPO but I had the case drilled to accept a metal dowel that would be drilled and tapped to take gen thread for a gen CT.

But I can not find out the thread size from anywhere. So my case has a very big hole in it.... And I have an SS dowel with no thread......

Buy the gen tube and get a thread pitch gauge and a caliper. You'll get it right, don't give up. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Thanks R2. I do have the gen everything except for the movement, bracelet and the mid case.
Don't worry, not giving up on the damn thing, determined to stick the best of Cousins and OFrei into something.....

But the thread is so fine, even my watchmaker couldn't measure the damned thing.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Thanks R2. I do have the gen everything except for the bracelet and the case.
Don't worry, not giving up on the damn thing, determined to stick the best of Cousins and OFrei into something.....

But the thread is so fine, even my watchmaker couldn't measure the damned thing.

Send me the OD. I'll help.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Measurement of the thread OD is 2.45mm. Random.... Will try a fine thread 2.5 and see how we end up.

q8McR8Y.jpg