• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

narikaa PO perl problem. Is everyones like this

jenkinson6a

Horology Curious
11/4/09
hi, i love my watch from narikaa very mutch but there is one thing that really bugs me about it. I know the flaws that have been mentioned a lot before but never herd anyone else mention this.

The triangle around the perl isnt very good, on the left its ok but on the right where it changes from orange to silver the triangle dousnt line up. is everyones like this?

triangle2.jpg

triangleb.jpg

robbnj

11/6/09
I've seen it posted before. Not much you can do except pick up a replacement insert (which usually have a better pearl).
Remember, this IS a rep, and a rather inexpensive one at that. Perfection (or an attemp at it) costs money.

Cheers and enjoy the (new?) hobby,

Rob

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
It's not too bad in the world of rep flaws. Replace the insert - it's very easy to do. I even did it on the exact same watch, which means any 4 year old can accomplish it easily. If you go that route and need some help, just let me know.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Hey Level, I'd like to know where you sourced replacement inserts for the 42mm POrikka and if they were a direct fit?

markharris

2/4/09
hi mate mine is the same dont forget this is a low end rep if you get a upo from hont and pay top dollar its almost perfect

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Got my PO from D4M, and he was kind enough to send me the bezel insert as well because I had destroyed one. But you may be able to get one from Hont. Or post a new thread asking for sources. Other guys know much more than I.

hovvy

Horology Curious
1/9/09
I have the same problem but i guess you learn to live with it.

jvd45

6/9/09
I posted a link to an insert (did nobody see that???) on the 'bay above... it looks a decent one

jcrry2

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/09
if it bohters you a lot just replace the bezel insert. the one on ebay seems to be a pretty good deal. I just pre ordered a 42mm from reg and cant wait to get it

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
The first PO I had the pearl was off-center in the triangle. It was DOA, and it's replacement looks much better. Small flaws are an undesirable, but unavoidable part of the game.