• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Narika PO Strap vs. Gen PO Strap

glippy01

8/9/09
I received the Gen PO 22mm strap I bought on the Bay today and before I install it on my FrUPO I wanted to show a comparison to the one I had on it from Reg. The most obvious difference was the writing. Although the Narika strap is very passable as reps go, the gen's engraving is less pronounced and more crisp than the rep's. The rep strap is a bit longer than the gen. The cut outs for the tang are pretty much the same shape and size.

After installing the gen strap I noticed the shape of the ends are much more ergonomic than the rep. The bend makes it very comfortable to wear. Lastly, the materials finish is very different from the rep. The gen feels smooth and sturdier than the rep. I know this has been covered but this is my two cents.

P.S. The buckle and the "Omega" loupe are rep the gen strap came without them. It did come with one loupe and it is much more stiff than the rep as well as the rest of the strap. The last pic is my almost finished Frupo. I will post better pics and a good description once I'm finished but I'm lovin it so far.

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful watch you have there.....I'm slightly green with envy.

Congrats.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Color on the gen appears darker than rep... I have a rep on my 42mm and they are comfortable, imagine the gen could be even more so. Nice FRUPO by the way.

glippy01

8/9/09
Thanks fellas and yeah the gen conforms perfectly to the wrist.

kmac

2/2/09
Pretty sure it has been covered, but the gen is a smoother overall finish. Makes it more glossy than the rep. Also there aren't any mold lines on te gen it is smoothed out.

MartyNC

Known Member
22/9/09
Excellent comparison.

Once one orders this strap, is there an installation video out there for how to get this on the watch without creating a gap. I had an older strap which was a bear to put on, and it never sat flush against the watch head. There was always this "Pac-Man mouth" opening between the strap and the watch head. Wish I had taken pics those years ago to illustrate what I am talking about.