• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Name that movement!

countit

22/5/10
Hi, All- EXPERT NEEDED!

I have the gen Accutron pictured below. (I'm at least 80% sure its gen.)

Does anyone know anything about this movement? I'm curious about the size and kind of reps I can put it into.

Any other information is helpful! If the movement is crap, that's okay too.

Thanks!

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
23/10/09
my guess, the 4813, which I am pretty sure has 25 jewels, which it says on the rotor, looks good to me

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Correct. :)

But, considering the Rep already comes with the 2836, why would you want to swap it? Just curious.

countit

22/5/10
Thanks, Guanaco...

I'm more or less shopping around. I don't think I would replace the DSSD's movement, but there may be another rep where I might consider it...

Most importantly, I now can look at these reps and know what to expect from the movement. I'm not the biggest fan of this one (2836). It drives me crazy that every Monday I wake up to a dead watch because it doesn't have the power storage that others have. I know I can get a winder, but eh...

I'm also just trying to learn more, so I appreciate your help and expertise.

Thanks!

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
remember though, if you would decide to throw a gen eta 2836-2 in a rep dssd, then you will need a rolie overlay, as this one has normal eta font date wheel....unlike tho 2836 that comes with the dssd reps!

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
This is an ETA 2824... I am 100% sure

They would not use a 2836 (which is more expensive) because there is no day display.

countit

22/5/10
Thank you, guys! I really appreciate the education. So, this means that any rep with a 2824 or comparable Asian would be compatible with this movement. In other words, they could be swapped?