• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

N6F vs Noob Factory? PureTime vs InTime?

TM200

Horology Curious
10/4/24
Hi guys,

I've decided on my first rep to purchase, and am considering these options from TDs:

N6F (factory name?):

(The URL above says Noob but the listing says N6F and Noob is not stated.)

2-3 weeks for them to receive after order, another 2 weeks for shipping to me.

Noob:

5-7 days for them to receive after order, ships immediately after I approve QC pics.

Questions:

1) How does N6F compare to Noob? Is that why there's a pricing discrepancy?

2) Both PureTime and InTime are TDs, is one better or more trustworthy than the other?

(I'm sort of concerned with Joshua's recent experience with InTime, objectively InTime's reputation was hurt by their supplier when viewing the situation in the light most favorable to InTime. What do you guys think?)

3) Do you think it's reasonable to ask for open-caseback pics during QC? I've read here that some dealers offer this.

4) Which dealer do you think would provide the best after-sales support in case of an issue?

(Hoping not to have an issue, and really hoping not to involve the Help Desk here, wishing for a smooth order!)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

• Sad
Reactions: Dave2302

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
1) No idea. Hopefully someone who’s bought either/both can help.
2) TDs are TRUSTED. There’s nothing between them in terms of trustworthiness. However, they’re also businesses based in China dealing in counterfeit goods. Which means that at times issues will occur that will colour the opinions of a customer. This is the same with any online commerce, but the whole China/illegal goods thing can exacerbate the situation. The usual advice is, always be prepared to wait (never assume quoted timescales are accurate) and never spend more than you can comfortably afford to lose. That latter point is less of an issue if your TD replaces any reps seized by customs (most do).
3) No.
4) Neither. If you have an issue with a rep you receive, find a local or RWI watchsmith to deal with it. TDs will tell you to send the watch back to China, but only an insane person would do that. You can then ask for a goodwill discount on your next purchase with the TD.

TM200

Horology Curious
10/4/24
1) No idea. Hopefully someone who’s bought either/both can help.
2) TDs are TRUSTED. There’s nothing between them in terms of trustworthiness. However, they’re also businesses based in China dealing in counterfeit goods. Which means that at times issues will occur that will colour the opinions of a customer. This is the same with any online commerce, but the whole China/illegal goods thing can exacerbate the situation. The usual advice is, always be prepared to wait (never assume quoted timescales are accurate) and never spend more than you can comfortably afford to lose. That latter point is less of an issue if your TD replaces any reps seized by customs (most do).
3) No.
4) Neither. If you have an issue with a rep you receive, find a local or RWI watchsmith to deal with it. TDs will tell you to send the watch back to China, but only an insane person would do that. You can then ask for a goodwill discount on your next purchase with the TD.
p0pperini, thanks SO much for this detailed response! :)

I will make sure to ask the TDs if they are willing to replace gratis an order seized by customs.

If anyone is able to chime in on N6F vs. Noob, I’d appreciate it!

Reactions: p0pperini