• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My vr3135 starts changing date at midnight, finishes at 5am LOL

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Hi there friends, I've a VR3135 serviced that's acting a little strange. Almost like an ETA on looks from the way it's date gets stuck and slowly turns over over time. It begins to change date at 12 as it should but doesn't make it, the numbers are stuck in limbo until around 5 am when it clicks over. I'm thinking of just throwing a new VR3135 in there to solve the problem, but it bothers me because I had paid for this piece to be serviced a long while ago.. so I'd love to know the cause. I keep wondering if I could just loosen the dial screws a little and raise the dial by a hair to see that it doesn't get stuck or so.
Has anyone encountered similar please? Thanks for any help. McDuck!

HulkyGalore

Known Member
15/12/22
UK
Hi! I don't know the answer, but the change mechanism is on the left side around the 10 o'clock position if you take the dial off. You could set it and watch what happens when it is "stuck" which might help understand the problem better. Take a look at this video below to see how it should work. As for what could be causing it, friction between dial and wheel may be an issue which could be tested by spacing with some tape just to eliminate that. (Or your suggestion might be cleaner and easier!) If its to do with the mechanism at 10 o'clock then I don't know enough about that hopefully someone else does. Cheers!

HulkyGalore

Known Member
15/12/22
UK
This thread discusses that mechanism and may have some things to try:

HulkyGalore

Known Member
15/12/22
UK
Thank you so much for your time @HulkyGalore . Massively appreciated :)
It is nice to learn about potential problems and hopefully help in the meantime - let us know how you get on? I like that you are trying to solve it before the easy option of swapping. Happy New Year!

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
It sounds like your date disc is partially stuck and not changing properly.

The gradual date change happened maybe because of one or more of the following situations:
1. the date finger (3135 623) didn't have enough tension to hit the date disc at around 12:00am (because the cam yoke spring (3135 635) is too weak), or maybe the the date disc is stuck, or maybe the date jumper's (3135 614) tension is too strong (causing the date disc not to move so easily).
2. After the initial failure, the date finger then gradually turns, as time passes, which eventually catches onto the teeth of the date disc and pushes the date disc completely to the next day.

I sometimes face the problem where the vr3135 cannot fully flip a rafflesdial 3135 date disc. I fix this problem by taking the date jumper out and bending the spring slightly so that there is slightly less tension touching the date disc (which therefore allows date flips to be easier).

But as always, your mileage may vary. It's hard for me to see whats the exact problem without seeing your movement

Last edited:

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
This thread discusses that mechanism and may have some things to try:
LOL wtf I forgot that I made this thread.
How old am I😂

• Haha
Reactions: asusundevils1971