• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My vintage Seamaster 300 is finally home

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
It's funny, it took a real long time to gather the parts for this watch..the case set from the Phillipines, the gen caseback from Argentina, the Omega 565 movement from Israel, the gen dial, hands and datewheel from the UK... and the gen 1171 bracelet from San Diago.
It only took the watchmaker two weeks to assemble it...but it took two and a half months to repair! :(
It was dead when I woke up ever morning..the dial always said 12:12. I guess there was a problem with chipped teeth on a gear for the datwheel.
I got it back this afternoon and so far running like a top!

I gotta thank LHOOQ for the help and guidence..or this project would not have been possible..Ty M

8a7c2194.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Stunning mate, but jesus. More pictures are definitely needed!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Well in that case send it to me and I'll take some pics.

(and possibly never return it, you know, lost in the post and everything)

:D

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Another cool vintage project in the forum... Nice watch woof and thanks for sharing!!! Keep up the good work people!

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
Is that LHOOQ's old case? Either way, you have an extremely nice watch. I love the bracelet as well. 1171?

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
That watch is the definition of the international watch lol..
Very very beautiful piece and lots of credits for your effort!!!

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
I love the bracelet as well. 1171?
Not just any old 1171/1. If woof* would take a shot of the clasp, you'd see that it's an original 1171, which is much cooler than what I've got!

Congratulations on finally getting it back! These builds can really strain your patience to the breaking point (e.g. my 6-month Royal Mail claim on a lost case), but the result is worth the wait. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the movement stays untroubled for years to come.

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
This was a long haul..and yeah M..fingers crossed.

Here's a quick pic of Omega 1171 bracelets. When I decided to get a bracelet for this watch I wanted a gen of course. In that hunt I found out there were two versions (at least) of the 1171, the Swiss made 1171 original was made of very hard and heavy steel, and the links were removable with screws. The second and current version you can still buy nos, is the 1171/1. The new version is lighter, uses pins instead of screws and the clasp is much wider with a square logo, as opposed to the original's trapazoid logo. Very easy to spot an original.

8c6b2bba.jpg

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
This is just an amazing piece! I can't even imagine what it cost you, but it looks every penny.

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
Thanks Levelmanroger
Putting this together was pretty expensive, but nowhere near what the watchco's go for and the only thing not gen is the case..so for me a pretty good deal. I only regret that I didn't become aware of this route earlier...the first guys making these were doing it for alot less..Omega is on a campaign to bring their products to rolex pricing...parts too.
I still would tell anyone interested in the project to go ahead and do it though! If you are careful and take your time finding the parts...there are bargains on the parts out there. I went faster in collecting parts than needed so it cost me more.

On a NATO today :)

22fe22be.jpg

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Take your time finding parts, but be quick about it before Omega jacks up their prices again! :)