• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My "Second" Rep

walden

13/5/12
This is, technically, my third rep. But, my actual second rep is waiting for a new after-market leather strap to arrive before I post pix of it. I hate the strap that it came with.

Anyways, here is my latest little rep and, as a former owner of two gen Omega Seamaster watches, since sold because I was broke at the time, I have to say that this rep can fool almost anyone except, perhaps, a gen Omega owner. I say "perhaps" because even gen owners may not even notice the almost invisible to the eye little paint dab on the back that indicates a gen Omega. This thing is that good; even down to the double insert watch band pins with spring loaded inserts for band adjustment. The overall fit and finish is first-rate. Well, except for the small area where some ham fisted monkey who scratched the case installing the watchband. The bezel at the "60" mark is a hair off. But, not really noticeable unless you stare at it. And, some areas of the band itself is not as smooth and well put together as the gen band. But, it's not that anyone but a gen owner would even notice.

So, I'm happy with it.

TD review can be found HERE.

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I say "perhaps" because even gen owners may not even notice the almost invisible to the eye little paint dabs on the back that indicate a gen Omega.

I've never heard of this. Can you clarify?

This thing is that good; even down to the double insert watch band pins with spring loaded inserts for band adjustment.

Do you mean springbars? :biglaugh:

walden

13/5/12
I've never heard of this. Can you clarify?

Do you mean springbars? :biglaugh:

On the back of the a gen Omega Seamster, and perhaps on their other lines as well, there is a teeny, tiny, dot of blood red color paint at the 12 (or was that the 6) o'clock position where the case back joins the case (at the seam line). This is preset on all brand new Omegas. Obviously, if the watch back has been opened, this little dot will be gone. This is how you can tell a gen and brand new Omega.

Springbars? No, not springbars. I don't know what these things are called, but they are the actual pins that hold the links of the band together. The pins you have to push out in order to remove links. On the gen Omega, there is the inner pin and an outer sleeve. The inner pin has an indent and the outer sleeve has a matching indent to grip the inner pin once pushed into place. These two items are properly replicated in the rep Omega band that I have. Pretty amazing of them to actually go into this level of detail in a rep if you ask me.

dan_j

5/11/10
On the back of the a gen Omega Seamster, and perhaps on their other lines as well, there is a teeny, tiny, dot of blood red color paint at the 12 (or was that the 6) o'clock position where the case back joins the case (at the seam line). This is preset on all brand new Omegas. Obviously, if the watch back has been opened, this little dot will be gone. This is how you can tell a gen and brand new Omega.

Also, serviced Omega watches will have the red dot replaced by a blue dot

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Interesting! I had no idea about them marking wether or not the caseback had been opened. :)

rusky27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/12
Hi not in the case of my speedmaster moonwatch It didnt have one when bought new 2007 and was serviced in switzerland after the hesalite crystal cracking and doesnt have a blue dot either.

bobbyrutgers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/12
thats a great looking watch!
thanks for the link as well :D
i think i see my next purchase coming up....

walden

13/5/12
Beautiful :)

Thanks. :)

Hi not in the case of my speedmaster moonwatch It didnt have one when bought new 2007 and was serviced in switzerland after the hesalite crystal cracking and doesnt have a blue dot either.

Like I said before, my only experience was with 2 Omega Seamaster watches. Other Omega models might be different. :unsure:

thats a great looking watch!
thanks for the link as well :D
i think i see my next purchase coming up....

You're welcome. It's a good purchase. I have no regrets and am quite happy with my sample. Good luck. :)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Ok, nice rep. The dot is for showing the new owner of the watch that no one has opened it since the factory. It's only an indicator. Only Omega service centers use them in Blue. Factory seal is usually red. Some watches get them and some don't. ;)

Also, it's not a good indication if it is gen. I can put that same dot on a rep. That is to say, I have seen many gens without the dot. ;) I have Red dots for sale if you need them. ;)

walden

13/5/12
Ok, nice rep. The dot is for showing the new owner of the watch that no one has opened it since the factory. It's only an indicator. Only Omega service centers use them in Blue. Factory seal is usually red. Some watches get them and some don't. ;)

Also, it's not a good indication if it is gen. I can put that same dot on a rep. That is to say, I have seen many gens without the dot. ;)

Cool, cool. Thanks. :)

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Very nice watch, one of the better OTB reps around!