• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My PO keeps stopping? Help please

Game2KFan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/11
I just bought my PO from WBK, and it's beautiful. However, the watch completely stops almost everyday, which is a big big problem as i have to keep adjusting.

Does anybody know what i can do to fix this? I wear it almost everyday.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
What movement you have? Also how much time do you wear before it stops? And how much time it takes to stop after you got it off your wrist?

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
WBK PO's are 21j's.

Is it a 42mm or 45.5mm? Either way its the same movement. I've had one for over a year and it runs like a tank.

Game2KFan

26/7/11
Yeah its 21J. 42mm PO.

I probably wear it for like 5-6 hours a day. It stops running when i wake up, so it doesn't last 24 hours. What should i do?

P.S.
It completely stops, until i pull out the crown and reset the time. It will then continue to run, but will probably stop again in 1-2 days :(

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
You should contact Stan and let him know. Once you explain your issue to him he will rectify it right away. He stands behind his product all the time.

As for the power reserve issue, im not too sure what the actual solution may be.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
You should contact Stan and let him know. Once you explain your issue to him he will rectify it right away. He stands behind his product all the time.

As for the power reserve issue, im not too sure what the actual solution may be.

+1

5-6 hours i suppose they should be enough to keep the watch runing allnight so maybe there is a power reserve issue...

Game2KFan

26/7/11
And it just stopped again :(

I reset it 2 hours ago... I've contacted Stan already, but sending my watch back and forth will be inconvenient for both of us, unfortunately

P.S.
During the 2 hours, it was sitting on the table fyi

Game2KFan

26/7/11
I pull out the crown to the full out position, the seconds hand stops at this point, then i set the time. Then i push the crown all the way back in, and screw back in until it locks.

But other than setting the time, i do not touch/wind the crown. Should i be doing that?

P.S. The watch has moved 3 minutes in a 30 minute time frame. The second hand is currently not moving. Not sure if this helps

thanks

How are you winding the watch? How many turns and how often?

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
There's the problem.......nothing wrong with the watch.

You need to give it a good wind, 50 or more turns until you meet resistance. You'll need to repeat this every couple of days.

It's a manual wind. The watch wont run by itself, it needs some help.

Game2KFan

26/7/11
WOW, i feel enlightened. Thank You.

Should i pull the crown out first, and then wind. Or wind while the crown is still in the "locked" position?

thanks again

There's the problem.......nothing wrong with the watch.

You need to give it a good wind, 50 or more turns until you meet resistance. You'll need to repeat this every couple of days.

It's a manual wind. The watch wont run by itself, it needs some help.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Ehm, I don't think I have ever seen a manual wind PO mate. But I would definitely give it a good 20-30 turns and see how long it lasts. If it's still not keeping charge overnight then it sounds like it's not autowinding.

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
It's a 21j Bonesey - hand wind.

Unscrew the crown till it 'pops' out and wind away.

Good luck.

Game2KFan

26/7/11
ok, i unscrewed the crown until it "popped" out, and turned it like 50 times. I met no resistance, should i continue turning away?

Also, i though these watches were powered by the kinetic movement of my arm? Or is that just the gen PO?

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
That should last you a while. See how you get on and keep us informed.

Not kinetic, no. Read up on the UPO (Ultimate Planet Ocean). Do a search - if it's the PO that you favour then you might want to invest more money for an upgrade in the near future. It's a great watch.

Oh, and don't forget, your watch will need regular winding.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's a 21j Bonesey - hand wind.

Unscrew the crown till it 'pops' out and wind away.

Good luck.

21j isn't hand wind mate. It's automatic. Hand winders are mostly 17j.

And if he hand wound it for 50 turns and met no resistance then it's definitely automatic. Show me a 21j hand wound PO and I might believe you.

ok, i unscrewed the crown until it "popped" out, and turned it like 50 times. I met no resistance, should i continue turning away?

Also, i though these watches were powered by the kinetic movement of my arm? Or is that just the gen PO?

Kinetic watches are different from Automatics.

Quartz - Battery powered, seconds hand ticks once a second
Kinetic - has a rotor that charges a battery, ticks once a second
Manual - Have to hand wind the movement
Automatic - A few winds to get it going, from there it should self wind.

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
I'm certainly no expert on the 21j movement by any stretch of the imagination.

I'll bet my left bollock though that this guys watch is running this time tomorrow!

I have two watches with this movement and they are far removed from the 7750. If I let them sit idle for a sustained period a shake, granted, will bring them to life BUT only for a limited time. Winding is the answer.

I stand to be corrected. I'm quite often wrong, as the wife keeps telling me.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I have no doubt it will still be running tomorrow as well. He's wound it right up. But a manual wind watch will never ever 'wake up' mate by movement. Winding will charge the mainspring the same as any other automatic watch. If I picked up a 7750, a 2836 or a 21j movement watch then all of them would start ticking after a little while due to the rotor winding the mainspring. If the rotor mechanism is borked then it wont continue to wind the movement as you wear it. It's at this point that when the mainspring is out of power then the watch will stop.

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
You know, one of my very first watches was a 21j PO which I got from a member here. He even took my number and called me to see how I was getting on with the watch. Very, very nice guy.

He emphasised that I should wind the watch every couple of days, 50 or so turns at a time. That advice stuck with me. And I took it as gospel. It certainly hasn't done the watch any harm. I still have it and it runs great.

So Bonesey, you taught me something new today. Life is for learning.

I bow to your superior knowledge. :)

On this occasion anyway. :dry:

petemoss

16/12/10
I have a 42mm PO that wouldn't autowind and had to be hand wound.
I sent it to Katt and he discovered that the rotor was rubbing against the inside of the caseback. He removed the silver sticker on the rotor that said "omega 2500" and that fixed the problem!