• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

my OmegaSeiko!

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
Bored one day. noticed my seiko and constellation had the same dial size and identical quartz movement... cept my omega constellation was kinda... meh... in terms of rep quality.

My seiko has little wrist time...

so behoooold! the marriage between the two!

pretty weird huh? :)

omega dial, seiko casing.

CRK

9/10/06
Thats cool!

Looks great to me, but I dont know how close the seiko case looks like that of the omega's.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Cool! And really, how many people will know its not an Omega? VERY FEW!
:D

crick

1/8/06
CRK said:
Thats cool!

Looks great to me, but I dont know how close the seiko case looks like that of the omega's.

hahaha looks NOTHING like the omega constellation at all :)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
hey thats not fair. You're putting together your own watches now and they're not even fugly like mine...I think it's great, you now own a one of kind watch, very cool and good job.. :D

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
crick said:
chief3630 said:
eBay it! JUST KIDDING.

HAHAhAhAhAhA!

i should!!!!

and not show them angles that show the seiko logo :)

That would be one interesting email from the buyer once they recieved it! :evil:

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
What would really make it cool would be to swap out the gold crown for an ss one and remove "constellation" from the dial. It would then be an awesome--"what model Omega is that? " watch!

(NB: Just noticed it has gold in the band too! But I still might dothe crown swap. Personal taste though, I'm not a big fan of gold watches. Very few look classy to me, must be because they are plated or too much of an alloy or something. I have a horribly tacky almost anodized looking gold 1970's Gruen copy of a datejust that i got from my dad way back when. It still runs perfectly (because I never wore it!) and just screams "fake gold" :) )

CISO

crick

1/8/06
yeah, i tried to do the crown swap :( but noticed that the seiko crown has a tube that attaches to the stem, so it's a bit longer :(

the omega crown made the stem too short :?

but you're right, my next step is to polish down the cheap gold plating. Any suggestions about how to remove that?

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
polishing would wear down the detail.

Might be a case to try reverse electro plating? I have a friend who has the chemicals and he attaches one end of the battery to the object to be plated and the other to the donor bar (nickle, gold, what have you) So maybe if you remove the crown and use the electroplating stuff and put in a quarter or some scrap metal and the gold will fly off the crown and plate the scrap? If it makes sense one way why wouldn't it work the other way?

Or replate over the gold with nickle using same idea above and yes, a us coin (nickle) as the donor plating.

I have never used this stuff, but understand how it works--can't be that hard just must be very careful working with the chemicals.

Or you can find a repalcement in white metal from ofri or borel --just not sure what you'd have to order?

CISO

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
:shock: very nice Crick...love the look......flies in the face of some peoples phiosophy that "if it aint a 1:1 rep in 99.9% accurate detail"...then it aint worth having..... :lol: :lol:

Reps are soo much fun....great job