• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Omega Planet Ocean Chrono

whyser

19/6/10
Just thought I'd share my new watch with you all..
I love the look of this watch, it's just too bad about the sunken datewheel and the happy feet logo, but it's something I can live with.

Here are the photos...

Fire and Ice
Seamaster%20Planet%20Ocean%2044%20Chrono%20Orange%20Black_01.jpg

Seamaster%20Planet%20Ocean%2044%20Chrono%20Orange%20Black_02.jpg

Lume shot!
Seamaster%20Planet%20Ocean%2044%20Chrono%20Orange%20Black_03.jpg

Seamaster%20Planet%20Ocean%2044%20Chrono%20Orange%20Black_04.jpg

Wrist shot
Seamaster%20Planet%20Ocean%2044%20Chrono%20Orange%20Black_05.jpg

Side shot
Seamaster%20Planet%20Ocean%2044%20Chrono%20Orange%20Black_06.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy!!

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
ahhhhhhhhhhhh, such a fine looking watch. Got the same combination with rubber strap but with black dial...One of my favs wearing summertimes.

whyser

19/6/10
That looks great! how about a wrist shot?
who did you get it from.

I tried doing wrist shots but for some reason, the way my studio is set up, it makes it extremely awkward to do a wrist shot without knowing whether my watch is in focus or not, otherwise my arm is in a very awkward position. I don't really know how to explain it unless I can show you myself.

Watch is from Lay, he's the best dealer I've worked with so far.

whyser

19/6/10
Thanks everyone for the kind words on my photos.

I'm also including some behind the scenes shots, just to show what I go thru when I do shots with my watches.
Please excuse the mess in my home!!

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

whyser

19/6/10
Yep, top notch equipment will get you top notch results.

Have you ever used a tent?

No, I haven't used a tent before, though it would be used for only specialized photography such as watches/jewelry.

I agree using a tent would give a much more even distribution of light, though I think a new challenge would be with changing backgrounds, such as setting up a black tent with good lighting.

Another limitation of a tent would be that I would be limited when it comes to directional lighting. One of the things I like to do, especially with a darker background, is to give it a rim light. Not too sure how that would be achieveable with a tent.

I have done white backgrounds similar to the setup I have shown in the photos above, but if I'm doing a white background shoot, I would much rather use a tent as you suggested.