• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Omega Family

sishac

Known Member
5/2/07
Hi everyone, I wanted to share a picture (not the best picture unfortunately) of my growing Omega family...I also have a genine 1961 Seamaster with an explorer-type redial that has the best lume of any watch I own. But, here are the reps...Enjoy!!!

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... 5975_2.jpg

From the left I have my Railmaster from Ruby. It has an undecorrated gold 2436 movement (the original has a decorated nickel movement) but the proper Seamaster Aqua Terra display back. Its got a slighly domed saphire crystal with a purplish AR on the outside. The dial is matte black and has decent lume. It came with a brown crock strap and a beautiful Omega deployment claps. I've replaced the band with a black leather crock strap that I think looks better.

Next is my Canal Street Special...Omega Speedy Pro with a silver dial and black subdials. The subdials don't really work (they move by the pushers, and for the life of me I can't get them exactly at 12)...the 6 oclock subdial acts as a 24 hour counter. This isn't a real chonograph, and the "chrono" hand is really a second hand that constantly moves. It seems to be the same size as the other two Speedys, but the case is shaped slightly different at one corner of the watch. This watch has what looks like a standard speed back...probably not as sharp as a genuine, but still very nice looking. The watch came with a heavy SS band with the proper kind of push buttons, but the wrong type of clasp. Its longer than the gen, and it says "Omega Speedmaster Professional." I've swaped it out for a Bond Nato strap. Very comfortable and it looks good on the wrist. The watch keeps good time, and other than the fact that the chrono hand is really a second hand, it looks great! The detail on the dial and subdial is pretty impressive for such an inexpensive rep. I haven't opened it up, but I'm guessing I would find a cheap asian movement. The subdial spacing is different than the other two Speedies, so I'm guessing that I wouldn't be able to swap dials at all.

Next we have my latest purchase...a Speedy Professional. I've wanted one of these for a while and am very fortunate to have found this. I recently purchased this from a member at another site. The subdial has been killed and it has a genuine stem replacement that fixed a broken original. Its got the Seagul manual wind movement, a domed crystal (not healite plastic, it sounds like mineral glass), and a display back. The bracelet says "Omega Speedmaster", not "Omega Speedmaster Professional." Of course it has the wrong subdial spacing...its the manual movement. And yes, I know that it is missing the center chono hand. When the subdial was being killed, that hand was damaged. The previous owner thinks that a gen hand might fit, so I'm going to see what my watch guy can do. Even though its wrong right now, I'm enjoying it immensely!! I've compared it to a gen, and while I'll post a more detailed review soon, it compared very well.

Next to that is my Speedy Broad Arrow with the "new" Asian 7750 movement. I bought it with a genuine Omega bracelet (1171 I believe) that really fits the watch well. Its not as bulky as the Moonwatch's bracelet and makes the dial seem larger than it is. Its also very comfortable. This watch also has a domed mineral glass crystal. The previous owner said that the guy he bought it from had installed a genuine Omega crystal, but I can't see the Omega symbol in the center (which I thought denoted a genuine crystal)...it doesn't matter though, it looks great. The watch keeps very good time if you wear it daily...I've found that if you don't wear it every day it looses about 2 minutes, but then stays consistent at that time. The chono funtion works perfectly and resets to 12 every time. Unlike the gen, it has a white dial, not an off-white dial...but with the blue markers and hands it is simply a stunning watch. Wearing this watch I've been complimented more in the last 3 months than with any other watch I've ever owned. I've only stopped wearing it because the Moonwatch arrived.

Finally, we come to my first Omega rep...a DeVille automatic that I bought on the streets of Rome about 4 years ago...the first day I had it I twisted the crown counter clockwise and it stopped running. Lukily I found a watchmaker in Florence that was able to make it brand new again. It doesn't seem to have any lume, and it is considerably thicker than most of my other watches, but on the burgundy strap I think it looks very nice. While it doesn't get any wrist time, it still starts up with the shake of a wrist!!! It is a very beautiful and elegant looking watch, no matter if it is just a fantasy model.

Enjoy!!!!

scooterboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/06
nice collection, i am also omega freak, i have only omega reps!

cheers

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
nice collection!

Hope i am not threadjacking cuz this post seems like a nice thread to share some omega families!

but first thing's first: you have a nice omega collection. Particularly the MoonWatch with the fixed 6 subdial. That's a REALLY hard to find rep you got there! so congratulatory to you :) i have a reduced version of that, i put it on a nato. I also have a cheapo speedy rep i use for just monkeying around with the asian movement.

I also like your broadarrow, your railmaster is awesome, and your devillie is classy. DAMN i like em all!!!! nice to have something to wear for any occasion :D will u be getting an ultimate omega PO?

Constellation: first omega rep. Cheapoh feeling that i took the dial and hands out and shoved them into a seiko case :)
CRW_1023.jpg

Speedmaster reduced hybrid franken thing: not quite the speedy reduced, not quite the fullsize, but i love it nonetheless. It's currently on a nato strap, very comfy feeling, great for timing out my cooking/laundry/how long i've been sitting in one position/etc.
speed01.jpg

SMP w/ eta: All these bracelets made every omega i had look the same so i swapped the SMP out for a rubber clasp. Nice and casual.
CRW_1550.jpg

omegaPO, 42.5 mm, 4th gen: The end all of reps for me and pushed me to buy a gen. I loved this watch with a passion. when i first got it, i was amazed by the details and weight. I spent nites with a rubber eraser just smoothing out some of the edges, fixing the diver's clasp, buffing down corners so there wouldn't be sharp edges.
202345-1362.jpg

Rep next to the gen: the REP was awesome, the real thing was even awesomer. But they look very damn close. What pushed me over the edge was partially co-axial movement, partially that i wanted a gen period :)
202345-1360.jpg

What's next i dunno? maybe getting a moonie rep with right dome plexiglass like omega man, or a GMT... or an SMP chrono :eek: ooOooo (i likes your Moonie! :D )