• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Omega Conundrum

bleuachdu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/09
Hey guys, posted this on a different forum, but figured I should post here in case it gets missed over there:

I am having a dilemma... I can't decide which PO to buy. I know that I want a 45mm orange/orange. I will put it on a black croc / orange stitching leather panatime strap. That much is certain.

I had my heart set on buying a UPO from d4m...

But someone has now offered me a used PO for much less, and I can't decide if its worth it to spend the extra with d4m. The original post for this used PO can be found here:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=34722&highlight=planet+ocean

Can you help me figure out what the differences are? I had a PO previously and there were 2 things I hated about it that made me get rid of it:

1. The date window bevel. It looked nothing like the real deal and was very rounded. I understand some of the newer reps at least have a beveled edge, if not the correct "step bevel." Will either one of these look more like what I want?

2. The AR coating made the black face of the watch look blue or purple under artificial light. It looked great outdoors, but I spend 9-10 hours a day at the office under fluorescent lighting... I couldn't stand that blue reflection. Do either of these have better AR?

I really appreciate everyone's help and insight in advance!

aganthorp

6/6/09
Please put photographs in your post for the help you want. Not all of us have access to the site you linked to.

bleuachdu

23/11/09
Hopefully everyone is familiar with the d4m UPO... if not see the sticky at the top of this forum.

Here are the pictures from the other PO that has been offered to me:

ResizeWizard-37.jpg

aganthorp

6/6/09
I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but the He valve on this model appears pretty inaccurate.

8A

Known Member
17/9/09
Not an expert too, but the one D4M is selling has a better movement than those 21J in your pictures.

Seems like the other guy has the less accurate and D4M has the more accurate.

My 2 Cts

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Isn't prestigewatchco Time4Direct?
Just to clarify, are you saying that someone is selling the watch in the link but used?

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
D4Ms version is far superior. The PWC version will have the following;

-Mineral crystal
-Plastic movement holder
-No anti-magnetic cover
-Inferior movement
-Incorrect He valve location
-Likely inferior lume.

You get what you pay for mate, and for $99 its gonna be a POS for sure.

takeo

12/9/09
D4M sells the so-called UPO (Ultimate Planet Ocean) which is the best Planet Ocean rep you can buy. The other one is completely different and not as accurate.

bleuachdu

23/11/09
Thanks for all of your advice gents, think I know what i need to do...