• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need To Replace My Rep Submariner - (10 Years Old With an Oris Movement Still Going)

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Newbie to this site and only one experience of replica watches but impressed with the input and knowledge of this site and forum so thought I would dive right in and seek opinions....

I bought 2 Rolex replicas, one being a 50th anniversary green Sub 10 years ago from a website that is now listed as a scam site. (Name has changed but site is the same)
These 2 watches have been marvellous. I have worn the Sub just about every day ever since including swimming and diving and all DIY tasks, I guess I have pretty much abused it and it still looks and works great apart from a soft bezel insert that I have to replace quite often from Ebay. It has an Oris movement which I believe is a pretty high end movement. I have been absolutely delighted with these watches.

Looking to get another Rolex rep, perhaps a Daytona / Sub ProHunter or Yachtmaster.

Heres the thing...
I don't trust the website anymore because of the bad reviews on other sites and I know that is has been slammed on here as well but 10 years ago I had 2 great watches.

They say their watches are Rolex cloned with 3131 / 3135 / 3156 / 3186 /3187 movements and better than Swiss Grade 1's whilst the Daytona replicas have a genuine Valjoux movement. This doesn't mean much to me but hopefully others here will have opinions.

The watches are very expensive but are they any better/different than other rep sites recommended on here - if of course it ever turns up!

How come I got an Oris movement - is this a good thing and unusual?
Am I likely to get a similar quality again - from any trusted seller on this site?

The whole industry is a minefield but I am glad I have come across this site.

Any comments would be appreciated.

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12
Did the website claimed it's an Oris movement or you opened it up?

If you have photos of the movement will be better.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
They didn't claim it was an Oris movement but I had a little problem last year and took it to a repairer who opened it up and it said Oris on the movement and they charged me the going rate to repair an Oris,
I could take the back off I guess and take photos but I don't think that this is my main point in the thread.

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12
Sorry my bad. Perhaps you would like to share what kind of watches you are looking at and we might be able to tell you more...

Generally the rep nowadays are very well made and most clone eta movement are well enough to handle and last for years. Some comes with Swiss Sellita movement as well.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Its all a bit confusing for us newbies

I guess I am looking first for GMT Master 11 Pro Hunter and the options from trusted traders here are Asian 2836 25 jewel or modified to 3186 for Extra $90 or a Swiss ETA 2836 25 jewel for an extra $210.
I do want a good movement but is the extra cost justified?

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Thanks.. so the recommendation is an Asian 2836 and the extra money isn't worth it?

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Sorry, don't follow, what would be the 21J in my example.

Also why aren't the more expensive the best?

Is there a definitive answer where / what is the best rep GMT Master PVD Prohunter I can buy

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Get Asian clones. Swiss are usually poorly refurbished movements and not worth the extra cash.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Thanks for that. Learning all of the time here.....
I've now found a NOOB version that has the bezel colour I really like so would this be good one?

Noob Maker Pro Hunter GMT Master ?Ceramic-Asian2836

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
the 21j would be the wrong movement for a gmt unless it's a vintage model. The 21j is a slow beat movement. stick with the Asian clones. 2836. no need to pay the extra for swiss. like he said, they are refurbished or just a mish mash of swiss and Asian parts. the Asian clones like the 2836 are reliable and proven movements.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
the 21j would be the wrong movement for a gmt unless it's a vintage model. The 21j is a slow beat movement. stick with the Asian clones. 2836. no need to pay the extra for swiss. like he said, they are refurbished or just a mish mash of swiss and Asian parts. the Asian clones like the 2836 are reliable and proven movements.

Great, that really clears it up. Wasn't sure why I had a reply suggesting going with the 21J earlier in the thread.
Any thoughts on whether the Noob Maker Pro Hunter GMT Master ?Ceramic-Asian2836 is any better than any other from a TD?