• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MY Obligatory Planet Oceans Post

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Just received today my ETA Ultimate with the orange markers. Perfect in every way.

Shot shots with its brother the black on white.

My all time favourite #1 rep/gen..........and I have owned many many gens/reps.

:wink:

POs1.jpg

POs2.jpg

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
Nice stuff PF!!

I have debated getting one of the UPO's but I suspect that the larger version will look silly on my small wrist so I've avoided the purchase so far!

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
OldeCrow said:
Nice stuff PF!!

I have debated getting one of the UPO's but I suspect that the larger version will look silly on my small wrist so I've avoided the purchase so far!

Funny though: some years back, I thought a small Timex Indiglo was big....then I thought a Sub was huge...then I thought a 42mm PO was too big!!!

Well...I guess our eyes either evolve or human nature has it that we get used to things and our brains adjust...

Unless of course you have an anatomical defect like a 6 inch wrist.......... :wink:

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
OldeCrow said:
Nice stuff PF!!

And thanx for your kind comment. Left you one on your Obligatory Post... :wink:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I'm not obligated to say anything but those are two beauties PF. Definitely keepers. :D

Mr.RadioActive

23/8/07
I tried on of the orange bezel ones at a AD the other day, and it was a wonderful looking watch. I have a rep coming as well, I hope mine is as nice as yours! Looks terrific!

CJSdftFLAT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/07
paneraifreak said:
OldeCrow said:
Nice stuff PF!!

Funny though: some years back, I thought a small Timex Indiglo was big....then I thought a Sub was huge...then I thought a 42mm PO was too big!!!

Well...I guess our eyes either evolve or human nature has it that we get used to things and our brains adjust...

Unless of course you have an anatomical defect like a 6 inch wrist.......... :wink:

or a 5.5in wrist that I got from my mother!

abat

28/8/07
UK
Gorgeous

They look gorgeous, especially with the orange.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
paneraifreak said:
OldeCrow said:
Nice stuff PF!!

[smilie=sign10.gif]

Funny you should say that I have a 6 inch wrist... I hate to be a tattle tale but I had to add links to my latest PO purchase though so I'm feeling pretty good right now :p

I bought the big railmaster and I looked like a third grader wearing it so it's gone, some day I will buy one of the big russian divers and take a wrist shot of it just for fun :wink:

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
DARN

If it was a Railaster on steel bracelet, i would have bought it!!!!!

Not to worry, like most women would say: it is not the size of your wrist that matters but the size of your...you know what... :wink:

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Lovely UPOs, you are a true connoiseur to have both with orange vs. black numerals.

A plug for for the 4th gen 42 mm, esp. for those with <6.5 in wrists (I'm 6.75 on a good day so I probably could go either way)

Doesn't have quite the commanding presence of the UPO, but still a beautfiful watch, I strained to tell the difference at my AD several times and it was pretty good down to the Omega symbol placement.

(The gen 42 mm has a lower riding symbol just like the rep, funny how that works...)

The minute / second hand length differences are overblown, almost impossible to spot unless you stop both watches and hold them side by side.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
paneraifreak said:
DARN

If it was a Railaster on steel bracelet, i would have bought it!!!!!

Not to worry, like most women would say: it is not the size of your wrist that matters but the size of your...you know what... :wink:

ya the size of my watch collection ... got it :wink:

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
very nice PF! couldnt resist?

you will keep both?

LTZ

12/4/07
Beautiful! I love my UPO, which I picked here from Joey. I've compared it with a friend's gen PO, and IMO, they're virtually indistinguishable, but for the stronger AR and lume on the gen.