• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new Speedmaster Date

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
Hi,

I have received my new Speedmaster - and love it!

The movement is a dud so it is going back for repair (boo!) but the actual watch feels really high quality, good weight and I really am struggling to find fault with it. I have done a quick comparison with the Omega website (probably not the best source as I think it is photoshopped with weird colouring):

rep:

speedys.jpg

gen:

speedmasterdatewhite.jpg

The Omega feet seem a little 'happier', the crown looks to stick out a bit more, the date font is not quite so bold, and that's about it.

I think that it looks so close to gen that unless I bump into some nutter WIS with a loupe on my travels, no-one will spot the difference - or am I missing a big 'tell'?

Just a pity it can't keep the correct time :-(

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
Hmm....well that didn't quite get the volume of comments / compliments / commiserations that I hoped for....

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
You pretty much covered it.
Pity it had to go back, but thus hobby is very hit-or-miss. Let us know how the dealer handles this for you.

MAC

Horology Curious
23/8/10
I have the same one on black. Great Rep and i think it doesn't have the recognition it deserves. The only flaw is the happy feet and the Ar coating, too blueish. I took out the outside Ar with polywatch and it looks great.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
One of the best. I have the panda dial and the first thing I did was send it to Speedy for a service.

DSCN3038.jpg

Great lume on the hands also.

DSCN3044.jpg

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
I have the same one on black. Great Rep and i think it doesn't have the recognition it deserves. The only flaw is the happy feet and the Ar coating, too blueish. I took the outer Ar with polywatch and it looks great.

Couldn't agree more - such a great rep and you hardly hear a thing about it.

@KBH - love the watch, I never thought much about the panda dial, but yours looks great!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Great looking piece you have there. Looks like I need to start buying watches again : )

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Very nice watch, appled! It´s on my list...:facepalm: (getting longer and longer)

ImWatchingYOU

24/8/10
Great watch, I was looking to buy this but havent as there are not so many reviews around. Which dealer did you get this from? I'm thinking to get mine from Trusty or Watchinternational.

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
Hi, its from Hont. Good communications, photo before shipment and happy to sort out the movement issues - I would recommend him. I just hope it comes back fixed!