• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new SMP Chrono from MR

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I had my eyes on that baby for a few time, and once i found some gen parts to do my franken i did it! The SMP chrono ladies and gentlemen. Well after i have tried this on, i have to admit its really beautiful!!! So before i go with the pics let me give you my impression about it...

The watch seems to be very solid and well made. The case has a nice finishing, brushed with a little polished straps, a classic seamaster case. The bezel looks good too. As i have a gen here i can see that the edges on the gen one are a little bit sharper. The color of the insert is different too, the gen has a lighter blue when the rep is a little bit darker, maybe the gen one has fainted, cause i like the rep a lot better. The pearl, you know is the common seamaster pearl, if was a little bit higher and didn't touch the edges it would have been good...
The dial and hands. Well isnt that a surprise. I was comparing them for a few minutes and the only thing i believe is off are the waves on the dial. The factory did a very good work with them. The font, the lume dots, the date window the logo, everything is almost perfect. They have even the silver rings around the chronos... Hats off here for the amazing work
The pushers and the crown as i have the gens too, are very close, and i mean very close. You have to inspect very good to see the differences. The HE valve position as i look at the gen seems to me a little bit of while the valve button is as good as the pushers.
The crystal is acceptable, no blue tint at all and i believe with an ar job you will be close to the gen one..

The bracelet is light, very light, but it feels really good, it moves freely and it is well polished. The clasp though not that good. The engravement is mediocre, and the pushers i am sure the will fall apart in the future.

Finally the case back, lets say who looks at it? Anyway, its has the anti counterfeit logo and to me its acceptable too.

My overall impression of the watch is that this one is an awesome rep, a must have for the omega fans.

One last thing, lately i was wearing my skyland before i sold it and the month before fiddy was around my wrist all the time. Anyway i have infect every friend of mine with watch sickness, so they take a look now more than ever. So i went out for a coffee few hours ago and really got my feelings hurted.

Response no1: What is that? You had that f@cking one with the leather and now that? Thats total sh!t...
Response no2: Yeah, even the one with the blue rubber strap was better. It was looking so good.
Response no3: Yes i agree too, thats a piece of shi!t... What difference does it have from all the other watches outhere???

wow just wow... stabbed at the heart!!!

So lets go to the pics, you got bored with all that. No camera this time, so htc didnt pass the test again... Why such a bad camera? My nokia n82 was far better...

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg
IMAG0262.jpg
IMAG0261.jpg
IMAG0255.jpg
IMAG0253.jpg
IMAG0252.jpg
IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg
IMAG0251.jpg
IMAG0234.jpg
IMAG0233.jpg
IMAG0243.jpg
IMAG0242.jpg
IMAG0239.jpg
IMAG0257.jpg

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Beautiful watch there paparas!!!
The watch is awesome...MR is the man..
When will you start the project??

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I havent made my mind yet about some parts and whether the fit or not? So if anyone know is the gen bezel,crystal,chrono pushers fit let me know. Also if the gen crown needs a gen tube...
Thanks!

bama1965

Renowned Member
26/7/11
North America
Very nice watch Paparas.

Absolutely beautiful.

That watch is definitely at the top of my "must have list".

Thanks for sharing the awesome pics.

Ken

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
nice nice now my suggestions
gen dial
gen hands (all of them)
gen ETA datewheel
gen eta valjoux 7750 LOL
gen bracelet cause I read somewhere that this is V3 and not so good bracelet
gen bracelet with insert..if this would fit this rep
still wanting this gen or rep till date.. grrrrr

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
nice nice now my suggestions
gen dial
gen hands (all of them)
gen ETA datewheel
gen eta valjoux 7750 LOL
gen bracelet cause I read somewhere that this is V3 and not so good bracelet
gen bracelet with insert..if this would fit this rep
still wanting this gen or rep till date.. grrrrr

I have all the gens above except from the bezel and the bracelet... Really have no bavkground info and i dont know what will fit and what will not...
Anyway thank you all for your nice words!

Sent from my Desire HD

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
so have you sent this timepiece to any epic modders already? I'm excited to see the results man! good luck!

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Paparas
You need to find some new friends mate, those comments are pretty harsh.
You got yourself a fine looking watch, wear it well!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I dont hear them at all, i just love it. Havent shipped the parts to a modder yet, waiting to see what i will do with the rest of the parts... I love porjects, i just love them!!!!