• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

my new po from we

stilllooking

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/09
Just recieved my first purchase from watch eden, a omega po, with 21j movement.

Realy impressed first off and love the look of it, , now as a newbie is there anything you all could recommend i do with the watch, either before it is worn or as on going "maintenance" to ensure it lasts.

Thanks

kimber45acp

16/3/09
Yes, take pics and post them here. It's also recommended you lube up the bracelet and give it a good polish with a cape cod cloth or any other polish.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
size it, wear it, enjoy it.

and post a pic of it too :D

stilllooking

12/4/09
cape cod oil it is then, ,

i am a little apprehensive taking it in to get it sized!!!!!!!

But looking forward to wearing it

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
stilllooking said:
cape cod oil it is then, ,

i am a little apprehensive taking it in to get it sized!!!!!!!

But looking forward to wearing it

It seems like a perfect time to start building a relationship with a local watchsmith / jeweler to find one who is rep friendly.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Still, order up some tools from Panatime. He is fast!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I think to answer your question about the comparison between WE's version and Narrikaa's version you have to look at the specs. Asian 21j, Mineral glass ect.

stilllooking

12/4/09
so, long story short, its the crystal (glass covering), (sorry, rubbish at remembering the correct names) and i would have been better off with this version.

and i think i tool kit may be a good buy

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Sizing the bracelet is the easiest mod you can do. Even I do that.
The UPO uses pins. You will need a link remover tool - anything else will either be too big, will break in your links, or will mar your bracelet. But with the right tool, it's easy!
Lube the bracelet by soaking it (not the watch head!) overnight in Baby Oil. Wash it thoroughly with warm water, soft soap or dishwashing liquid, and a soft-bristle tooth brush. This process REALLY DOES make a difference in how the watch feels.
Shine it up and wear it well, my friend. And, oh yeah... WE NEED PICS!!! :lol:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
My current 42mm PO has a flat bracelet.
narikaa's model has the curved bracelet which looks much better IMO...

stilllooking

12/4/09
PLEASE HELP

got my watch sized, really pleased felt and looked SWEEEETT.

Wore it all weekend, put it on monday morning for work and it needed time adjusting, and now for some reason it wont adjust, the crown unsrews and then when you turn the crown (to adjust time) it doesn't :( it feels like it is "trying" do something,

any tips as i really dont want to send it back as i love it, if i cant get this fixed the boss (wife) wont let me buy another either

chazglenn3

1/9/08
Are you sure the crown is pulled out to the second stop? The first stop should only change the date, the second will change the time.