• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new Planet Ocean

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I've just been on holiday to Turkey and i usually buy my self a couple of reps
but this year i was armed with a better knowledge of what i was looking for and its all down to you guys here at THE DARK SIDE
I know that in Marmaris there are only 2 shops that have the better ones so i asked him for his ETAS and he pulled a case out from the back of the shop, I knew i was after a planet ocean and liked the look of what i saw , I had some photos i had printed out from this site,
I may be wrong but i think i've got a 4th gen , I made him take the back off and sure enough its an ETA. the sweep is well better than the asian movements that he had which wern't the same in looks either 12,6 and 9 were too large, the triangle around the pearl didnt have the feint orange line , it didnt have the same classy feel to it either , the asians were only 40 quid but i decided to go for the ETA, I paid a little more than some of the people on here but obvoiusly there was no postage and i got it there and then , I'm well pleasd with it , I also bought a two tone double eagle with an ETA in it , its real classy.
Ive took a photo but its not up to the standard of PUGS pics , but there you have it.

69monaro

Horology Curious
22/3/06
Is it the angle of the photo...or is it missing the omega logo that everyone complains is always slightly off in its placement?

Either way you have a nice watch.

69 Monaro
(GMH's Finest ever)

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
yeah its there alright ,
and yes is it is too close to the omega word just like on the gen 4.
its my dodgy picture taking, heres another that shows it but its a little out of focus
regards
mark

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
My likey....... Bigshooter must have a PO very soon!

69monaro

Horology Curious
22/3/06
Thanks for the 2nd photo b/c I still can't see it in the first one!!!!!

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
thelawnmowerman said:
its my dodgy picture taking, heres another that shows it but its a little out of focus
It's perfectly in focus. It's just that it focussed on the reflection in the crystal, not the crystal itself. :D