• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new arrival - came today!

jonboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/4/09
I like it - although not overly keen on the way it sits off the wrist as you will see in the pictures.

What does everyone think? It came from a member on here - would be keen to have flaws etc pointed out to me by the well educated?

Im no photographer though...

TagCarrera003.jpg

TagCarrera005.jpg

TagCarrera009.jpg

TagCarrera011.jpg

TagCarrera012.jpg

TagCarrera014.jpg

TagCarrera015.jpg

TagCarrera016.jpg

TagCarrera018.jpg

TagCarrera021.jpg

TagCarrera022.jpg

TagCarrera023.jpg

TagCarrera024.jpg

TagCarrera025.jpg

TagCarrera026.jpg

TagCarrera028.jpg

TagCarrera029.jpg

TagCarrera031.jpg

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Its a fine rep, with very few flaws, all of which are fixable. The Carrera Racing is one of my favourite TAG reps!

The flaws are:

Incorrect rotor bearing - see Francisco's guide to replacing the bearing - or just buy a new calibre 16 swiss-type rotor from our dealers

Blue screw tops - easily sorted by removing the colouring back to silver

Date font - a swiss ETA 7750 datewheel can be bought and switched

If i was to be really finicky, the rep deployant clasp edges are typically "sharper" on the rep than on the gen. If you are handy with tools etc, the clasp edges
can be filed rounder, smoothed with various grades of sandpaper and finally, polished.

The flaws don't detract from the watch really, there are other reps out there with worse problems.

Enjoy your great watch and don't get too hung up on the tiny details!! :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Boil the strap for 1 minute and contour it to fit your wrist. Also, you can reverse the strap between lugs and try that.

jonboy

30/4/09
I had an interesting chat today... apparently Tag replicas tend to be the best as they are the easiest to replicate?

With Rolex being the more difficult.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
jonboy said:
I had an interesting chat today... apparently Tag replicas tend to be the best as they are the easiest to replicate?

Did you chat with yourself and come to that conclusion? :lol: Let me know if you tried my idea for your band. :D

jonboy

30/4/09
R2D4 said:
jonboy said:

Did you chat with yourself and come to that conclusion? :lol: Let me know if you tried my idea for your band. :D

A chat with a guy who hates replicas with a passion...

I haven't tried your idea with the band yet, but will do today.

Where will I find a gen date wheel? What is the cost?