• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My New 42mm PO: Pics, Looking for input

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Got a PO, "possibly a Poorika" from LoganX3 via another forum. First, VERY happy with it, love the size but thought I'd do some work and go detail hunting.

My Project for 1-1-11 was to get pics for this post.

Resized the band without breaking the pins (got lucky I guess. Saw the tutorial AFTER I messed around. oops. Did bend them a bit using needle nose pliers). Used scotchbrite pad to get the clasp looking much better than before.

Obvious details: Happy feet Omega, Bezel is scalloped, not "gear like" vs. the gen but lines up well. The markers at 3/6/9/12 are taller than the tick marks, but still appear to be shorter than the gen, the hour hand seems longer than some, but still not out to the edge as with the gen, "pearl" is FLAT, rep lume on hands, but lume on markers is a joke. Thanks to R2 for his sticky on the gen parts for this model. Looked around on the web for gen replacement parts, but not going to dive in just yet. Rotor loud next to my ear, but otherwise I don't notice a thing. Crown screws down nicely, and the divers extension is secure when closed.

Questions for the studs:
1) ...movement? (Edit: looked at FM's post again and realized that the the angle threw me off. It's a 21j for sure, and FM points out that the "M" with a circle over it indicates its one of the better ones that he likes).
2) If I get new hands, can I get the 14.85mm, or just stick with the 13.6?
3) any comments on the engraving on the caseback? Just curious
4) Any other input?
Thanks!
WD

Pics follow:Took some of the face to show the hand length and marker size. No, not award winning artwork here.

PO2.jpg

There's a symbol engraved at the 4:00 position in this slide
PO1.jpg

PO3.jpg

Bezel Shot
PO4.jpg

"Pearl" is flat, not smooth, and looks terrible in these pics, but it's not nearly as obvious when you just glance at the watch and don't compare it to the gen. These show hand length and marker size.
PO5.jpg

PO6.jpg