• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Modded SMP 300m (New red letter edition)

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
Hi All,

Just wanted to post some pictures of my SMP which I bought from a fellow forum member last year. It had a few things I wasnt happy about, but it came with a fully serviced swiss ETA 2824-2 so it felt like a 'keeper'.

The four things bugging me about it as a rep were the incorrect crown guards, the "Qmega" logo, the 'happy feet' Omega logo and the poor lume.
So, I decided to have a go at some mods.

Here's the original watch as I received it:

imagevsw.jpg

So, after taking it apart I took a scapel to the 'happy feet' and the tail of the "Q".

Next, I relumed the markers to bring them to the same standard as the hands (excellent lume on the hands).

Then I reshaped the crown guards using a dremel, then epoxy sealed the Helium Valve and greased the seals. Before re-installing the movement I tested the case to 5atm and it passed no problem!

Finally I oiled the bracelet so now it moves nice and smoothly!

All back together, here's how it looks:

imageqcr.jpg

imagecxn.jpg

imageczxb.jpg

imagewyz.jpg

imagewiae.jpg

imageqbh.jpg

imagefsgs.jpg

-OW

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Nice, definitely a keeper. Just a nice, classy diver.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I was thinking of pulling the triger on that one, but went for the chrono... Really nice omega, a classic one!!!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Nice job. I'd rock it.

The crown guards look much better.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Great looking SMP olworthers.

I'm looking at making my next project a "red seamaster". I should get you to do my cg's! Very inspirational...wear it well.

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
Great looking SMP olworthers.

I'm looking at making my next project a "red seamaster". I should get you to do my cg's! Very inspirational...wear it well.

It's an easy mod, just be careful with the crown tube, in fact it's the perfect time to remove the tube and replace with a genuine one...!

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
Did Omega change the crown guards? I ask because the CGs in the first picture exactly resemble the CGs on my gen Seamaster GMT (circa 2001). Looks like it has happy feet too.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
GMT Seamaster and the 300M professional have different crown guards. The original "red letter" rep CG's always kinda looked like the GMT, but we're never actually true to the 300M professional.