• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My latest MBW DRSD mods by Joe

panerai153

Supporter
Certified
22/3/06
On the Mighty Mississippi
Folks, I know that ther have been lots of photos of various permatations of the DRSD. In fact I had another one,a Watchmaster, back a year or so ago. I bought this one several months ago, sent it to Joe, who spent the winter and spring under the weather. Well I had a visit from my nice post lady Saturday and lo and behold it was the DRSD!

I really like this one, it looks absolutely identical to several DRSD's that are pictured in Skeet and Urul's great reference book "Vintage Rolex Sports models". Joe has been working on a vintage lume method that looks like aged tritium, but has a nice lume when exposed to bright light. I believe that the lack of lume completely in the replicas is a dead givaway. All of my old genuine dive watches, most from the 1960's have a little lume when exposed to bright light for 20-30 seconds. Most don't last very long, but the lume is there. I believe that Joe has achieved this with the lume material that he is able to apply now.

I put the watch on a replica Rolex Riveted bracelet that is OK, but nothing special. I got it off Ebay, fom one of the regular sellers. My Watchmaster was on a genuine Rolex Riveted, and even though it was pretty old, it was much better quality. The first problem I ran into with this one was the end links weren't large enough to allow the use of the thicker Rolex Springbars. I'll be on the lookout for a better one to put on this nice watch.
Well here it is:
Photomerge2.jpg

brian_05

Known Member
16/3/06
The color does look good in the pic. Got one a little closer up to show us real good??

B

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
wow, simply put - just a great looking watch. Thats a fantastic looking rep!

Enjoy!

brian_05

Known Member
16/3/06
Thanks for the close-ups. Good looking watch for sure. Joe does excellent work too. Enjoy that sharp looking Sub.

B

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
thanks everyone and pan 153 u r getting better with the photos , im impressed

u captured my magic lume really good for me and for all to see that its not caked on looking and looks like it aged by itself and still glows like the old tritium used to

wear it well my friend joe