• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Janty EGO ecig review. I know I will get some stick for this.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
THis Thing actually helped me to quit my smoking habit of 10 years!!

I will get some stick over this from the pure tobacconist, but I love this thing to much not to give it a review.

Recently purchased the EGO from janty.

The EGO is designed by Janty , and assembled by joye with supervision by Janty.

This is mostly a pictorial and some of my honest opinions.

Janty E-GO is Janty's version of the EGO product.It is priced at 59.90 Euros and I think the price is a little on the high side considering that there are other egos with a better price tag (edit: I have heard that Joye has distributed EGOs even when they have an OEM agreement with Janty, so perhaps the price is fair. You just cannot put a price tag to innovation). I bought mine during their crazy sales at 39.90 euros and I think that was a great price.

I bought 2 sets, 1 Stainless and 1 Black and will not bore you guys with the technicalities of what is inside the set. I also bought a carry case and a drip tip and share some honest opinion later on.

Now to the pictures!!

Black and Stainless.
4565eb42.jpg

04919280.jpg

I think the stainless one is cool, but the black one will have its own market.
For me , I like the Stainless one as it is to me a very cool industrial design. It feels like a very well designed pen and it is great to hold. I just have weakness with the industrial steel design.

The black one has a rubbery texture which I think will be messy when it gets messed up with e-liquid and it gets real sticky and the worst thing is that it shows.

Black one with drip tips
364cc3a2.jpg

Stainless one with driptips
b3cd57ac.jpg

921e69d4.jpg

Driptip close up
1a1bbc32.jpg

I think the drip trip is a good design aesthetically, except that the funneling is a little narrow and juice somehow get stuck in the tunnel, however a light blow should settle this issue. Remember to only use the Low Resistance Atty with it. Or rather I should put it the other way round, only use the LR atty for dripping!

The carry case

Front Side
0e247dcd.jpg

Back Side
5396d564.jpg

The carry case is a great addition to the janty lineup. It can hold a spare battery, a bottle of 10ml juice and also some carts and atomizers. Remember that it is not designed to hold the XL size but you can easily reconfigure the case to hold. I bought this product thinking that I can fit an XL but no biggie as I mentioned earlier that you can reconfigure how you store the things. I can recommend this product as I think it makes the whole experience of vaping great and with the EGO, you do not have to carry the chargers around, so whatever is in the cse is more than enough to last you for a day. Let me give you an idea of what i stuffed inside.

I carry an ego with me all the time and that is always in my pocket.
The case is mostly for spares.

I have:
1) a Spare XL battery
2) 2 spare Attys
3) 3 Prefilled carts
4) 1 Drip tip
5) 1 10ml polar mint e liquid

I would say all this stuff inside a compact little box measuring (my estimate) not more than 12cm by 5cm is a great design!

All in all, I shall skip the part on how it vapes as everyone knows how a 3.7v device shall work but what I can say is that EGo is great 3.7 volts device as I think it is a combination of small size, long life and design.

Somehow I do not really like dripping but maybe it will grow on me as the design and the attractiveness of the drip tips just makes this product look great. So now i m dripping because it looks great instead of really likeing to drip! lol:)

I would rate this product a high 9/10.

The box would ahve gotten a perfect 10 from me if it can hold the XL fully assembled but then it is still a great design as I can organize my things and store everything I need in there. 8/10

All this views are mine and does not represent Janty or any other user.

regards,
alvinado

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
I don't think you will get any flack for this.

Good review. Nice pictures. Congrats on quitting and Thanks!

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
THanks bud, i was drawn to the fact the this thing is a gadget, and I love gadgets, just like watches.